Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

check the seat out on this tractor

stevei46

http://cgi.ebay.com/Allis-Chalmers-B112-16hp-Tractor-Snowblower-Mower-Blade_W0QQitemZ7560210161QQcategoryZ58182QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem looks almost like a chase lounge lol

Lets see. Lawn chair seat, exhaust straight from the block, and no baffles or rollers beneath the mower deck. I wonder what else is wrong/missing?

Okay, enough with the pictures, lets look at the ad a minute. In one sentence, the ad states: "Buyer is to arrange pickup in Oswego, NY. Shipping is NOT available for this item." Then at the very end of the ad is this statement: "NO LOCAL PICKUP, Due to our recent expansion and multiple store locations throughout New York, we are no longer able to offer local pickups". So for me that begs the question just how the heck are you supposed to "get" your tractor if you're the "lucky" ;) winner? Sorry, but that was a nit that just had to be picked. :D

I'd bet there's a heat contol or vibrator on the seat. (LOL) The shipping sounds like usual 'Ebayease' lingo.... Another good one is; "I prefer not to ship these bigger items, so unless you can come & get it do not bid. If you really want it but are too far away give me a call at xxx-xxx-xxxx & we can talk about shipping it. (if you email me about shipping it I will not respond)" ,"I am a dealer so if I ship it to MN or if you pick it up here I will charge you 6.5% sales tax on it."

I responded to an auction in Vermont that stated Vermont residents were required to pay 6% tax. I requested his Vermont sales tax number which by state law is to be displayed or presented on request if charging sales tax. He did not respond and the auction disappered.

I sent this guy an e-mail asking if he could confirm it was a 16HP, since that wouldn't have been stock, and about the ad saying both 'no shipping' and 'no local pickup'. It took a few days, but his response: All the information that we have is as provided by the owner. You do have our satisfaction guarantee to assist your bidding. You might search the model number on the web to see if the engine information is accurate or not per your comments. I read the auction and it says 'Shipping not available' so it will be for a local pick up only.

Must admitt guys, the owner musta been pretty handy with the firewrench to cut the 42 inch deck down to 38 inches, Then, add the 4 inches extra to the 42 inch snowblower to make it a 46 inch:)

Marty, Maybe he took the leftover steel he had from cutting it off the deck and added it to the blower? LOL!:D BtW, I was able to englarge the pic of the engine. The model number is 309421. Isn't that a 12hp engine?

• 2 months later...
Off topic, but an interesting article about the seller of the tractor. [url]http://www.syracuse.com/business/poststandard/index.ssf?/base/business-1/1137663709122480.xml&coll=1[/url]

When they say the PTO only needs a connector to work, does that mean the input shaft or gear is stripped, that sure isn't an electric PTO!

I guess the big selling point is that its all original,,looks like it was run awhile without a muffler,another big plus ! can't imagine why the reserve wasn't met.