Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

decals from sign shop

TripleDeuce50

TripleDeuce50
Any one had decals made from a sign shop? I have a 7116 and wonder what you guys have paid to have them made from a shop? salty price tag or not??

A few of these decals are still available thru the dealer. like the hydro console, dash decal and hood stripe decal according to Jack`s Small engine website http://www.jackssmallengines.com/ . The others you could have made at a sign shop. Most of the exspense is the time to set up to run a couple of decal.

Let me know if you find a good deal on 7116H decals. I am also restoring one. Was thinking about re-painting the decals on mine, but that will take a lot of time. Before you go to a shop, you need to take pictures of the decals, and also measure them. With the picture and measurements, the shop can then set them up to be the right size and shape. They can be done in either of two ways. First way is to make multiple overlays of different colors of vinyl. Second way is to start with a base color vinyl and then print the other colors onto the base vinyl with a sublimation process. The second type is usually preferred because it is more like the original. The first type will have a fairly thick build-up of vinyl layers and will not be totally smooth on the surface because of the edges where the colors stop.

TripleDeuce50
WOW won't be getting those hood stripe decals from the simplicity dealer 36.95 a piece thats over 72$ for just the stripes. gotta be cheaper to have a sign shop replicate them. Jeez sign shops around here do full race cars for 200$. Thats alot more vinyl than I need for the 7116! have to find out I guess.

I am going to try to post pictures of decals that I had made at local sign shop. I hope they come through. If you can get a good picture of the old decals I could have them made for you, CHEAP...

Ray and others here are a close up pictures of our pulling tractors with vinyl overlay decals. I am happy with the vinyl overlays.

The center stripe in both decals is the paint (no decal there). I purposely made the 900 series decal black and white instead of black and silver.