Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Don't I feel dumb

EricD

While searching for a 3pt rear grader blade to fit my Suburban, I came across a huge awakening on Ebay. Take a peek at the auction. Can you belieive that I've been selling these rear ends for $40-100 with complete tractors? I could have paid off my mortgage for the year if I only knew how much they were really worth! Just another example of being out of the information loop:( http://cgi.ebay.com/sears-st16-mowing-garden-tractor-with-blade-collectors_W0QQitemZ7723775513QQcategoryZ82238QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem If anyone is interested in one of these rear ends for 1/2 price let me know. I'm slashing the prices on the competition!

Sounds like you have been giving people decent, reasonable deals. Some people thing they have gold mines in old rusty pieces of junk. I have a Suburban with a hi-low tranny (no mower deck or engine), that I have been trying to give away, yet it is still sitting in my back yard. Free for the taking if anyone wants to come and get it.

Think NEW. Go to your Simplicity Dealer and ask about getting a new Hydrostatic Transmission for a 7016. They are still available.... Price around $900. My guess would be that's probably similar to where they are getting their numbers.

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
Sounds like you have been giving people decent, reasonable deals. Some people thing they have gold mines in old rusty pieces of junk. I have a Suburban with a hi-low tranny (no mower deck or engine), that I have been trying to give away, yet it is still sitting in my back yard. Free for the taking if anyone wants to come and get it.
I wish you werent so far away. I could use it

Oh come on Joe, just go by your favorite quote, and make a short run down the East Coast, then you will have another tractor to play with. I think you can squeeze enough room out of your back yard for one more.

I don't know if those 3 speed with hi-lo peerless cost $900 new. I have 1 that's out and no one has shown any interest yet. Maybe they don't go bad? If that tractor runs or can be made running with the usual going over, cleaning carb,spark plug etc...then $300 for it with a mower and blade is decent price. All of the ST16's I've had came with 48" mower decks. They are heavy well built machines. Would prefer a Briggs or Kohler over the Tecumseh's though. btw, that's not my auction :)

This guy may have had a few bidders if he had taken a few minutes to "present" his "rare" machine a little better,like move it out of the place its been sitting for years,inflating the tires,just making it look better for the picture,like selling a car or boat.I've seen a lot of boats for sale in my area that were nice boats but were so dirty and full of leaves and trash that it would make potential buyers think the seller had no respect for it and never took proper care of it.I'm not talking about fraud,just making it look attractive to a buyer.

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
Oh come on Joe, just go by your favorite quote, and make a short run down the East Coast, then you will have another tractor to play with. I think you can squeeze enough room out of your back yard for one more.
If you were only 106 miles away I would have been there yesterday:D I have one with a stuck rearend. How is the sheetmetal? I could be tempted. Not a fan of driving around DC though [:0] And... since I rearranged the lot a few weekends ago, I could get another 6-8 more back there. The wife will need GPS to find her garden.