Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

GUESS

JJ MARSHALL

[img]/club2/attach/jj marshall/allsim vac 001.jpg[/img] guess what i'm getting ready to do? [img]/club2/attach/jj marshall/allsim vac 002.jpg[/img] there something fall here and it's not snow

My kid borrowed the deck off the 712 last spring and still hasnt brought it back. If/when he does I can hook up the vac and trailer to do my leaves. Only have one tree left with anything on it now..

Sam, Do you got one of them mulch kits for the conquest yet? I put one on the prestige a few years ago they work great. i pretty much have quit using the vac system since I got the mulch kit and gator blades.

quote:
Originally posted by RayS
Sam, Do you got one of them mulch kits for the conquest yet? I put one on the prestige a few years ago they work great. i pretty much have quit using the vac system since I got the mulch kit and gator blades.
Havnt heard of it till now. I would rather use the vac as I grind up the leaves and spread the fines on the gardens to till in for fertilizer. Seems to work well.

Do you think I could just block off the discharge opening on my mower deck and use the gator blades to mulch?? Anyone tried it this way?? Dan (aka IronPony)

JJ, ;)Real nice looking set up. Dan, I did just that on our MTD, but no gators. It does have heavier than original blades on though. I took off the "raise/lower" shut and made up a simple screen out of perforated metal, maybe 1/4" to 3/8" holes.(I wanted some air to exit) But they plug fast. It works great!! I never took before and after pics, but when I'm done you can't see any leaves at all. Ambler, ;)Is that the Yankee rig you came up here for? It looks familiar. Joe

Hi, I'm wondering if there is a way to rig that blower up to blow leaves instead of vacuuming them. I've got one but never really had any use for it for depositing any extra fertilizer piles around the property but I could sure blow those leaves back out into the woods. Richard

Richard, I gave my dad an industrial exhaust blower with paddle blade a few years ago for similar purpose. It was mounted on a plate with a 1hp elec motor. He puts that and his generator in the tractor bucket and blows the oak leaves off his 1/2 mile driveway every year just before snow comes. He claims the doggone leaves goof up the snow blowing. No ducting or anything, just blower in bucket with generator heading in the right direction.

Dan, that is basically what is on my trator that I mulch the leaves with. Block off the discharge and add a piece of metal or plastic to the front of the deck so that it drops down about1" to 1 1/2" below the front leading edge of the mower deck. Works great.

JOHN & NICK this box that i'm using came off a TORO set up for a vac or grass catcher don't know which . i made a bracket and mounted the vac and box all to gather . JJ