Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

homelite t-16

SethL007

does anyone know what a homelite T-16 in ok shape without any attachment would be worth. have one located and dont know the value!!

No mower deck? What are your plans for Tractor? I would not pay more than $300 for bare tractor. But Maynard is absolutely correct. What you are willing to pay for it is bottom line. It may only be worth $100 to you or it maybe be what you were always looking for and you will pay $1000.

It's overall condition, its appearance, whether it runs good and if it was well-maintained all combine to answer the "What's It Worth" question. Location can make a diff too. All the highcost ones are near me. I just got a Simplicity 3410, sort of a first cousin to the Homelite. I just worked it all daylong, hauling clay and stone in my genuine Simplicity dump garden cart. I beat it like a rented mule, and it came back for more. I love it. Tacey

If it helps, while the Homelite T Series are far and few inbetween, they do not seem to have the aura of collectibility as of yet. So, they are worth about what any average used tractor is worth in your area. There is a downside to not having any attachments with the Homelites if it is thw 1971- 1972 1/2. Those require the homelite attachments for them. Simplicity attachments will not interchange without having to modify the implement attaching points as they are not wide enough, and Simplicity decks will not fit at all. My opinion is that a across the board fair average value for a Running one in good shape less any attachments would be in the area of $200-$350. This based on what I've seen sell, and what I have bought and sold myself. Variables like how bad you want it, time of year, area of the country, etc will also influence the price up or down.

I have a T-10 that I paid $150.00 for with a mower deck that was rusted out. Needed a carb. All AC attachments fit mine. Used it this weekend for about 6 hour to vac leaves, run like a new one. I also thing the decks for them were a not as deep as AC or simps. But mine works O.K. with the deck from my AC 710.

This is the 71-73 1/2 Homelite T Series [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/homelite/pg_2-1_small.jpg[/img] Note the axle: [img]http://a1.cpimg.com/image/81/3D/8771201-6e09-028001E0-.jpg[/img] Simplicity and AC attachments will not fit this machine unless you bend the mounting tabs out farther because the poijnts on the tractor are wider spaced than Simplicity and AC. Simplicity and AC decks from the 700 series ac , 3400-7000-7100 series Simplicity will not work at all on these because Discharge sides are different. 1973 1/2 - 1974 1/2 Homelites looked basically the same as the earlier ones pictured above, but the frames were not quite as thick of steel , and the front axle was changed to what you see here: [img]http://a6.cpimg.com/image/90/3E/8771216-2d44-028001E0-.jpg[/img] These used the same deck idler assemblies that the 400 series Allis Chamers tractors used. On these tractors you could use Simplicity grader bladed, snow blades, Brinley Hitches and tillers( providing the tiller is old enough to have the onboard engagement lever)because the hitch spacings were changed on the tractors to the same width as Simplicity. You still could not use a deck from a Simplcity or a 700 series AC on this tractor though because of the opposite side discharge . In Mid to late 1974 AC came out with the 700 series and Homelite came out with the new T series which looked just like The Simplicity 7000 Series with exception to the fron grill on the hood. See below: [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/homelite/homelite_lineup.jpg[/img] On these you can interchange decks from AC and Simplicity because they are basically all the same tractors.

Sam, On the first pic you posted, isn't the mower idler assembly missing? Or is there one that is "tucked up and in" that wouldn't be visable in the pic? Probably didn't have it on for the pic, tractor looks 'better' without it. For anyone thinking about purchasing an early Homelite, make sure the idler assembly comes with tractor/deck. I don't think anything else will work.

quote:
Originally posted by PhanDad
Sam, On the first pic you posted, isn't the mower idler assembly missing? Or is there one that is "tucked up and in" that wouldn't be visable in the pic? Probably didn't have it on for the pic, tractor looks 'better' without it. For anyone thinking about purchasing an early Homelite, make sure the idler assembly comes with tractor/deck. I don't think anything else will work.
I never noticed that before, but you are right, they forgot to put it on for the picture. Heresa a picture showing it: [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/homelite/pg_3-1_small.jpg[/img]

SethL007, I'll SELL you my T16H as made by Simplicity for $550. I can arrange for relatively inexpensive shipping of the tractor. Everything works, same deal as want you say you're looking at, no attachments included. I do have a mower deck I can sell with the tractor. However, mine takes Simplicity brand attachments. My AC version is completely different animal.