Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 7110 (20 yrs. old)

Thanks for the infor and opinion guys. This is a nnew game for me and this site has been very helpful, so far. But how do you check the for sale section? I can't figure it out!

Hi Dave, at the top of this page it says return to-simpletractors click on it-when you reach simpletractors home page click on classified ads-once you get to classified ads just look over the items listed all up and down the page. When you see an item that you are interested in click on that item and it will take you to the page discribing the idem. If you have any more problems Dave please feel free to repost a message and just ask for help like you did. It sometimes may take a while but someone will help you out. Nice having you with us all and please enjoy this site that is provided for us by "KENT THOMAS" who is the founder and a very kind person to say the least. And one more thing you are company to some of the kindest and careing people I have ever been conected with. Good Luck Dave->jackl->or happyjack<-

I talked to a dealer who has a 7110 (approximately 20 yrs. old) with a snow blower, tiller, deck mower and trailer with vacuum attachment. He is completely re-conditioning everything with a 30 day warranty. How much is this worth? He will be asking around $3,000.00.

Dave, Look at it this way, tractor maybe $900, blower $300, tiller $300, deck $200, and trailer $200. Total $1900. The prices I listed are more than I'd pay for any one part. There is no way on God's green earth that the tractor and attachments can be worth $3000.00. That's my opinion anyway. Tim

On the other hand thats about $10,000+ new today and as you mention Dave the dealer is reconditoning everything - that means you will save time by not having to do that yourself and have equipment that is dependable and ready to be used. Now its one thing if you are going to buy a "well used" tractor and go over it yourself but this should not be compared to having someone else do the work for you - a qualified dealer no less, let alone the cost of replacement parts that can easily run into hundreds of dollars and the time involved. Lets not forget that some also have more mechanical skill and ability than others so what you don't pay for with cash you are making up for with your "other" skills. All in all $3000 for all that equipment can be a real bargain when you compare apples to apples.

Yes Pal Tim I must agree on this one without any debating about it. Sounds like one expensive warrenty to me. Just maybe someone should be checking the prices in the for sale section at simpletrACtors to me.-just my buck and a halfs worth ->jackl<->happyjack<->

Dave, I think that the price for that unit might be justified IF and I do mean If 1. The dealer really goes through each piece and truly rebuilds each piece not with a spray bomb either! and 2. That some kind of a written waranty is included for a specific amont of time for said equip. Something that I'm sure a fine dealership such as Mr. Nemes' would do.Just my 1 1/2 cents worth! dlc

Dave, one more thing 7110 is a 10hp and some of the equipment that comes with it will really tax that size engine. Especially that bagger unit, with the deck and bagger operating in thick grass will really work that 10hp. I have the attached bagger with a 712 and it makes that engine sweat! (Maybe because its a Kohler instead of a B&S?) ----- Lets not start that again.---- Good Luck

MS