Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Auction rescue......

AcFordHawk

At my in-laws helping with storm cleanup and noticed hood and mower for a Simplicity in the weeds. Discovered a Broadmoor 728 which the father-in-law couldn't get started and he had decided it was going to a local auction. Following a short conversation I got it for free (sort of - several years of helping split wood for their heat was payment).

John Only unloaded it Monday morning. Will check it out later this week - have a few other projects going on I need to throw some attention at. Will update info when I get to look at it a little closer.

Nice save there! A 728 was the first simplicity tractor I restored. Mine had sat outside for 4 or 5 years and the center pivot was rusted solid. Now it looks like new and goes to some shows. Good luck with your new project!

Before I found this site, Well, even before I was on the internet, I bought a used Broadmoor from a friend for $300 with a snow blower. Then I moved in town and gave it to my step son who lived in the country. He is still using it. He told me it was all mine:) when he finishes with it:( Dan

I've had alot of those little tractors and personally like them. They do an excellent job of mowing and do quite well pushing a snowplow, with chains and weights of course. Never used a snowblower on one though in snow. The belt system for the mower can be a pain if things aren't set just right. Alot of guys don't like them and even have distain for them but I like em.