Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-112

bkassulke

Can you get a B-112 in a straight three speed or do you have to just convert it from variable to straight three speed??? Thanks Benjamin

Marty, i can understand Benjamin thought. I have a 3310V that I spent more hours swearing at then using. I know it's a nice set up, it's just getting adjusted right that is just pain. I've given up on it my self. Elon

I agree with Marty as well, but, maybe his pins have wore out his pulley half assemblies like so many that you find today. I have a vickers that is leaking and I have another pump here to put in it, but, if that doesn`t fix it I am going to change it back to a variable speed.

yes, my pins have worn slots...and until i fix the hydro leak or my buddy sells me his ingersoll i may consider turning my vario into a 3 spd too.

I was just curious if I could just get a straight three speed. I like the plain three speed a lot better. And the fact I don't even want to mess with a variable. What are these pins that you are talking about because I myself have never really messed with a variable let alone really looked at it closely. Another thing is that my little sister plays on my tractor(no keys in it) but I believe you are not suppose to move the variable lever when not using the tractor, correct?? If so that could be a problem. Thanks for the replys Benjamin

There are 3 pins in each of the pullies on a variable drive set-up. There function is for the moving half to slide in and out on and they do get hammered in time. The holes in the moving half also get egged out. Moving the lever when not running is not good. Little sisters playing on tractors likely not good either, might depend on what You teach them. Never thought much about tryin' it but I don't see why a guy couldn't replace the variable set up with regular pullies and clutch off say a B-12. Might need to be a bit creative getting the clutch linkage in place, but don't see that as anything a young Nebraska man couldn't deal with.:)

I bought a second B-112 this summer that has been converted to a straight three speed. It works ok but its not as fast as my "stock" one. I do like the variable speed better even though it needs some work. Jim