Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Whew...that was close

SimpleMan

Winterized the tractor a few days ago. Chains for the tires, changed oil, installed snowblower. Started snowblowing, everything was going great until I looked at the side of my engine and noticed a stream of oil coming from my engine. I have already fixed the problem, and everything is ok now...but I thought this would be a good one for a "guess the problem" game. Here are the clues...so far. 1) Drain plug, and oil filter were tightened properly. 2) Oil was coming out under pressure. More clues to follow (if needed).

quote:
Originally posted by Alpha8D
Oil filter gasket still in the box the oil filter came in.
I bet it was double gasketed, I did that alot when I was in the shop. Elon

Yep...it was the double gasket. I had never heard of, or experienced this before. I'll know to pay attention to it next time.