Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

another hydro lift project "finished"

ehertzfeld

I have been working on this system in my head for a year or so. I now have a perfect tractor to try it out on. When I got this 725, the starter/generator wasn't working so I took it out. It rope pulls so well that I plann to leave it this way. Since there is no starter/generator, there is a perfect place to mount a pump. Tomarow I hope to have the valve and cylinder mounted. Here is a few picturs of it so far. [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/img0947.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/img0945.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/img0946.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/img0948.jpg[/img] Elon

Oh if the pulley on the engine looks bigger than the real one, that is because it is. I cut out the center of a Broadmoor blower pulley, and drilled two holes to line up with the engine. It should work well, I hope!!! lol Elon

Looks good Elon. BTW, you could run it off the fan boster pulley from the S/G and it would pump good at low rpm's. I noticed you have the blower on it so this may not be an issue now. But if you idle around alot with a blade or something you'd still have pretty good flow on the bigger pulley. Didn't we cover this before???LOL

Dave, your memory is sharp! I tryed to run this pump using the large pulley, on my 3310V. It work ok, but it was way too fast. It was neerly impossable to adjust the hight. I plan on using this tractor with a tiller in the spring, so being able to adjust hight accurately, would give the best results. Elon

quote:
Originally posted by Nick
Elon, you always come up with some neat projects. I really like this one.
Nike I'll like it to if it works! lol Elon

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
I mostly like where your going, but I ain't giving up my starter button. What kind of pump is that you are using.
I was told by the guy who gave it to me that it was Fisher plow pump. Elon

quote:
Originally posted by Roy
Neat project but I'm with MPH. Starter button has to stay.
I like to simplicity of it. No wires, o mess. I even took out the choke cable. Elon

NIce project, Elon. Keep up the good work. I'm gonna have to get started on another project soon. Haven't done one in a while.

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
NIce project, Elon. Keep up the good work. I'm gonna have to get started on another project soon. Haven't done one in a while.
Oh Rod, if you only saw my yard!!!!! I have lots of things going on at once. lol Wile finishing this tractor, I hope to drop Kirks loader off of his B10. I'm swaping it onto another one for him, wile his tractors are on vacation. I have to finish up my buddies plow and snow blower, then finish perparing my other tractors for winter duty. Oh I almost forgot, I still have to mow the grass one last time and sweep up the leaves! Wow I'm running out of time!!! lol Elon

Yep, Elon, that is a Fisher plow pump. I have one mounted in my Toyota Landcruiser. I have considered taking it out and putting it in one of my tractors, but I might need that LC to plow with if I can get the title straightened out on it. Looks neat the way you have in there.

Elon, if the power lift moves too quick, You could put some cheap flow control valves and be able too adjust to your liking. I thought of an idea of putting a pulley on the drive shaft, either weld one or make a two piece pulley you can bolt to clamp the shaft. Then have the pump hang down under it. Wouldn't work for a blade deck though.

Good idea, when faced with the same problem last winter, as I had a very heavy (125 lb) plow given to me, I had to cobble up a hydro lift quick. I went to the junkyard and found a fisher plow frame, hydr. cylinder and had an old monarch pump. I mounted my pump to the PTO bracket, only had to drill one hole, then mounted the control right to the res. tank, this was secured to side of machine. Since the machine has a rather nice bumper, i narrowed the fisher plow frame and sectioned it, welded it back together hooked it all up and plowed all winter. Even that large NEaster. we had. Will prob use the crawler this winter, see posts in show-tell and the loader on the other b-12. For pics of the plow tractor, prior to strip and paint. www.plastikosmd.com go to projects page, B12-my first one. scott

Scott, I've been to your web site. Your only like 40 minutes from me, I'd love to come take a look at your shop. A guy could get lost in that thing! lol Oh, I'm right down Route 6 in Brooklyn CT. Elon

Come on down..or up, will be travlin rt 6 startin in june for a year to hartford. Let me know when you want to come up to the providence area. Maybe drag kirk up here too..;) Waitin for engine for the crawler, as it is now had a krylon rebuild..;) Let me get the motor in that so you can drive it around and scare my neighbors. scott

I managed to squeze in enough time to finish the hydro lift prodject. It works well, but like before, it's very fast. I'm going to have to get one of thouse valves to slow things down. At some point, I need to repalce an oring or two in the pump, but I 'll just keep a couple of bottles of ATF handy over the winter. Elon [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/img0958.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/img0959.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/img0960.jpg[/img][url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=ehertzfeld&file=18498"][img]images/disk.gif[/img][/url]

quote:
Originally posted by lboy1971
Did you think about using a double valve and mounting another cylinder under the seat just to lift the rear sleave hitch?
Working on it!!!!! Elon

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Looks good Elon. Do yourr feet clear the valve and cyl ok? Where did you find a cyl that size?
My feet clear every thing just fine. I do feel the line on my leg but I can deal with that. If you want I can sit on it and snap a shot or two. lol I got that cylinder off of Ebay last year. I want to say it was off a Gilson tractor. It's 13inches closed and 16inches extended. Elon