Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Refurb...

Gads Gary you went nuts, by the way the hydro I got from you works good except the alum. nose cone was cracked and leeking, but I found one. Thanks Levi

Hi Ronald, It’s a late Simplicity 9020 PowrMax with the heavy front end. As you can see this is a total rebuild. This 9020 has an heavy ARK front end loader and I want it to be perfect. Replaced all bushings, bearings and fabricated some 1/4 inch plates for the front axle. This reduces the wear on the center pivot bushing as they keep front & rear motion to a minimum. Reworked the steering box and it now has 90 weight oil in lieu of grease. Most every bearing & bushing has been replaced including external & internal PTO. Will update pictures as project moves along.

Post pictures as you progress on the tractor.I have wanted to see one of these apart.Dont hve my 620 anymore but you have inspired me to get a tractor for my boy and i to restore in the future.Thanks for posting a picture of the tractor apart.

I understand fully what you did with plates. I redid design of bushing and put a full plate between the front of axle and thefront mount. I did not like the fore and aft movement of axle either.