Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Will a B Series hitch fit

IronPony

I am still looking for a blade hitch for my AC712. Looks like a friend has one for a B series. Will it fit my 712 to mount a front snow/dozer blade? Dan PS: I have an offer to buy one from a non-member here on the site. I am very reluctant to buy from a non-member and would rather trade money with a member.

A B series Hitch won't work because the lift arm Brace goes acrossed the "A" frame at an angle unlike the RBT Style that goes flat acrossed then up making it clear the hood and front end.. You need one like this: [img]/club2/attach/Bunky/DSCN1175.JPG[/img]

I use a b10 blade on my 712 and 914 along with the snowblower bracket. The problem I had is there aren't any mounting tabs on the front like the b10 has. I don't know if you have a blower or not, but if you unbolt the bracket off the blower and remove the idle pulley it works. I also use the lift arm off the blower.

Sorry, I can't help on this one. I made my own mount without seeing any of the factory mounts. It fits my AC713S, AC716H, and my 61 Wards (Simp 700). It is a modified Wheel Horse plow and hitch, that now works on the Simps and ACs. Sounds like the arm for the lift rod is located differently on the older and newer units. A little bending, maybe some welding, can fix that. The arm for the one I mentioned above is bolted on, and it works fine. I have used that blade for both snow and to spread bluestone on my driveway. The arm has not bent or come loose yet.

MIne, sone moved the lift out to the sie for get around the newer tractor's hood. I don't think they got it far enough as it rubs the hood it I am on uneven ground. I am going to have to try using the snow blower hitch to move it out a few inches that would stop the rub, and I might not have to readjust my lift rod which I use on both the blade and snow blower.

Dan The lift arm on the B series hitch angles back The 700 7000 series the lift arm is straight up. You could Cut the arm on the B series hitch and reweld it straight and it will work.

I've got a whole blade that came with my 712.The original owner told me they may have used it twice.$125.00 or best.Logistics might be a problem,though.

Does anyone have dimensions for the lift arm to fit the newer style Sovereigns? (Re: Picture posted by UCD.) I'm looking at modifying an old style to the new style. I know the offset is more to clear the hood. I think it may also have to be moved forward but am not sure. Thanks, Roy

Roy, It just needs to match the rod that you are using. As I said earlier, The Wheel Horse plow that I modified fits both my Wards and my 716H. I use the same homemade lift rod on both also.

Rod, I must make the rod also unless I use one from a B-1 or 725. Bent and welded up one piece for the rod assembly today. Not pretty but should work. Torches are nice to have. :)