Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Motor pulley size for 42" blower has 7" on it.

Alpha8D

Just a quick question: What size pulley should I buy to put on the front power take off , (the one that sticks through the grill) on my 10hp 1966 Landlord #990350 to drive my snowblower which is a 42" 1690032 and has a 7" driven pulley? The blower is a later model but I made it fit up fine. I have a 4" od, (likely about 3.5 Pitch Diameter "b" pulley which came off a spare 12hp engine from a 1967 Soverign. Is this the right size??

I believe the pulley on the Motor should be a 4½" pulley. The blower you have is for the newer style 7000 7100 series tractors with a 7" driven pulley. The older style B series and landloard blowers used a 5" driven pulley.

The 7" pulley on the newer snowblowers are designed to work with the cone clutch pulley which measures about 5 1/8". If you want a few more blower rpm's, use a 5" pulley. As Maynard stated, the older style blowers had a 5" driven pulley. They had a 4" driver pulley mounted on the engine shaft which sticks out thru the grill of the older tractors.

Jim I dont know if this helps but i did the oposite of what you did a few years back and I think i still have a small diameter blower drive pulley that came off my old blower that was on my 3112h. If you want to swap pulleys i will send you my small blower pulley if you send me the big 7in one that will work for mine. I think i may still have the belt guide for that small pulley as well (not sure). I will look outside today if not tomorow and get back to you if you are interested? One thing that you should be aware of and mabee some of the smarter guys here can tell me if this is true; If you deviate too much from what the stock pulley diameters are from the stock set up, then you MAY have a hard time getting a properly sized "factory" belt. If you are using a single belt blower like mine the belt has a bit of a twist to it and if you use belts that are not designed to take that kind of set up, you may find yourself eating up alot of belts.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for all the help gentleman. John, I already have the large pulley on and will try it but thanks for the offer to trade for the right size original. If this doesn't work I'll let you know and take you up on the offer. I'm hoping the larger pulley will disengage OK. Last year I scrapped out a Soverign and saved anyt5hing remotely useful. The linkage from lift lever to rear hitch came in handy. It's now shortened, welded back together and serves to lift the snow blower.