Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Descisions, descisions, descisions.....need input.

FrankieC

Harry (Simplicity 700) sits out back undercover but unused. Old Frank has sold his utility box and his grader blade and become more interested in Cub Cadets. I'm tempted to just part Harry out on eBay(to help feed the CC addiction) but before I go that route I want to bring it up here. So here's my question... Do I part him out or try to sell him in one piece?

I would try to sell in one piece.Then if dont sell then part out.But most of the time there is more money in parting it out.But you may be left with a few parts that no one wants.Just my 2 cent Tony

The main parts of value on those are the Chrome nameplates, grill screen, and Engine(very hard to come by these days). Value depending on condition and originality. Some of the other parts do have some value too. I generally find a whole tractor brings me about half what the parts do. But, parting out and shipping does consume a fair bit of time and energy. You also need Ebay to get the most out of some of the parts. I have the remains of a Cadet Original Serial # 1931 on Ebay now that I put up complete for $85. http://cgi.ebay.com/IH-Cub-Cadet-Original-Garden-Tractor-Ser-1931-for-parts_W0QQitemZ7726807139QQcategoryZ50372QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem If I sold it piece by piece I realistically look to get aboput $250. I just would rather save some time though. Cubs eat a tremendous amount of time in disassembly. Chances are it wont sell, but who knows till the very end.

I'm of the mind that if it's complete,and somewhat restorable,sell it complete. They ain't makin 'em like that anymore.I'm sure someone around here would gladly take it off your hands.

I would keep it at least you would have a tractor that you could mow with (LOL). I like the looks of the first cub cadet and the 129 but, nothing mows like a simplicity.