Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Will Cub Cadet rims fit.

Ronald Hribar

I'm looking at this set of rear rims on Ebay. Is the offset correct for Simplicity? Also the Bolt pattern? NEW wide rear rims IH Cub Cadet 26X12-12 garden tractor Item number: 7727305776

Bolt pattern is the same, and offset should be the same. I swapped Cadet and AC wheels when I built my AC713S. The Cadet tires were much better shape. I then traded off the Cadet. The ones off of the Cadet 129 were the same offset as the set off of an AC 710 that I had. Both had 8.50 tires.

on my fourth restoration i went to my mini junkyard swaped a pair of cub to my simplicity they seem to bolt right up.If they don't just cut out the bolt pattern weld in 1/8 in. steel plate and drill in new wholes and put some bondo around the edges smoth them out slap on some paint look just as good

If I remember right I put a set with 10.50 wide tires on a 7000 series that came off a Cub 1650. They worked , but I couldnt run chains on the tires because the offset was not quite the same and the tires were right next to the PTO clutch.

Here is a set of 26x12x12 turf tires on a set of "widened" Cub Cadet wheels that are mounted on my AC713S. These wheels are a full 12 inches wide. They were cut and had a band welded into them to make them wider.

I run tubes in them. I have never tried them without. It would just depend on the quality of the welding job. I didn't widen this pair. I have done a couple other sets, e.g. the ones on my 61 Wards. I always run tubes in the ones that I have welded. Doesn't take much porosity in a weld to cause a leak. They can be structurally sound and yet still not hold air. Also many of these older wheels have pitting on the bead seating surfaces. This can also cause a leak. My philosophy with these tractors is "if a tire gets changed, it gets a new tube put in it". Right now, every tubeless tire that I have on a tractor leaks. The ones with tubes don't. If it were an automobile, then I would "never" put a tube in a tire. Tubes can cause major blowouts on high speed tires. I think tubes are great in low speed applications, though.

Kenny, Chains would clear the chassis fine, but wouldn't clear the fenders. Only about 3/8 inch clearance between tires and fenders. Fenders would need to be raised for use of chains with that size tire. I put the 8.50 tires and wheels back on for winter use with chains. Those 26x12x12 tires have a lot more traction on wet grass than the original 8.50 size does. I have a slope that I mow along the ditch in front of my house. With 8.50s on the tractor I have to sit on the fender over the upper tire to prevent it from spinning. With those tires, I stay in the seat and don't need to do anything special.

I ordered rims and lug tires. I'm hopeing that will give me enough extra traction so I do not have to use chains. I'll have weights on wheels and may make a weight box for the rear hitch.

Ron, Because of the size of the 26x12x12 tires, you might want to consider filling them with liquid. This should give you some significant weight. I use hang on weights on my tractors and have never needed chains with the 10.5 inch tires on my 61 Wards that I use with the snow blade. If necessary, I can hang around 300 pounds on the rear of that tractor. Wheel weights and filled tires are much easier on the transmission bearings, while chassis weights are easier on the torque tube. Both have advantages and disadvantages. Reason I like hang on weights is that I only put them on when I need them, then remove them for other uses. The additional loading is only there for a small percentage of the overall usage time. I generally baby the tractor while I have the heavy weights on it. Haven't had any problems, yet.