Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

what a simplicity will do/crastman vs simplicity

i'm woundering what the little limits are on my '69 landlords are.I had a fight with a old friend about whos tractor is stronger,its my 10 landlord 2210 against his tiny mid-late 1990s craftsman 15hp.he may have more horse power than me but i got american hp against his kawi. hp (jap). like this summer i hauled a 2 1/2 ton manuar spreader with a load.witch i used a bucket loader for a landlord that my neighbor used to have.anybody got a loader for a 2210 that i could buy.anyway his come back was he a mini lawn mower trailer with 6 5 gallon buckets of horse manuarer.i drove his craftsman in sixth gear highest gear dumped the clutch woundn't cat walk in the 2210 in third gear it will almost flip right on over.

If the craftsman is a 6-speed with Hi-Lo range, garden tractor then they may me somewhat comparable for towing ability. If it is a lawn tractor, the Simplicity will work circles around the craftsman. If it is a light duty lawn tractor, it is not a good idea to pull anything more than 40 or 50 pounds because the transmission casing can bust under load.

It's not a good idea to be popping wheelies with the Landlord either when pulling a load. My brother is like that and has taken out several bevel boxes and differentials. He's hard on equipment and it shows.

• 4 weeks later...
i dont pop wheelies when pulling a load i only do it on my "fun landlord" my sons next year when he turns 15 and i take very good care of my lawn mowers. just one that has a motor that seen its days my son first mower rebuiled too bad but not finished barley runs needs paint job he wants his too stand out. get it finished after the holidays. my two son have one and my daughter has two 2110s instead of 2210 , my wife has a sorgeivien belive it or not we met when we were at a mowing show 86. next year i will 45 and pass on their lawn mowers to them officaly so when they are out the lawn mowers are with them. their good kids i trust them

I would think you could settle this with a ten foot piece of chain, and the tractors back to back... of course that sort of thing may cause broken parts... so I would just avoid the discussion ... I like your choice of equipment a lot more... if that makes you feel better..

i did do that and i won with out a struggle.in every gear even reverse .He has 6 gear hi low range beat him with every gear.He tried chain wheel waits still nothing he blamed his tread patern so i let him have ag tires with me haveing his tires still won.i let him have a head start .he gave up didnt tell any body we were going for pinks that we made up.the only casulty of the day was the poor cluch trany of a crastman on the last pull. got it toor apart want to mail it back piece by piece.simplicity rely will work circles around a crasftwomen (crastman):D