Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

For those Diesel Fans

HubbardRA

Here is a picture of a modified diesel garden tractor puller. This engine puts out around 130 Hp. Originally was a garden tractor diesel before being turbocharged. I've seen it pull. It is awesome to watch.

What you gunna do??? Spin doughnuts in the snow till you melt it away/LOL I wish pulling were that good down here. I'd love to get into some of that.

Dave, You need to put one of these together and you can make the trek up to VA for the pulls. Only a few hours of driving. LOL

I'd love to get up for a few events Rod, but I haven't had much time or toy money for that kind of stuff in a while. I did some stock class stuff w/ my D-17 for a while. Scared the heck out of modified Super M's and bored and stroked WD-45's. Anyone who knows the 262 Allis-Buda diesels knows there isn't a lot that can be done short of putting a turbo on em. But what you can do I did and it would blow smoke like the one you posted. Still had a lot of fun. I'd love to see my 620 out there w/ my diesel convertion but I still wouldn't be able to compete w/ the money they put into that. Ron, that WOULD be pretty funny watching the looks on the neighbors faces blowing snow across the street.lol

Looks more like a compact tractor than a garden tractor, or is it just a compact tractor body on a custom built chasis?

Chris, I have not looked at this tractor up close. It may have been a diesel from the factory, and only have engine modifications. I seriously doubt that the engine is all that is modified. He pulls in the 1800 lb Pro-Eliminator Mini-Rod class. I personally know that all the motorcycle engine tractors run a custom built chassis. I have built two of them myself.