Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

917H snowblower mounting

innocent

I have a AC 917H and have a chance to pick up a 42 inch snowblower, Model 1680548 with hitch 1690556 that came off a Simplicity 6216. My questions are: Will this setup be able to be put on my AC 917H? If not, how hard would it be to retrofit? The hitch for the 917 is listed as a 1690557, not a 1690556. What is the difference? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,Ray

You need the other hitch. The correct hitch just connects to the front axel similar to the mower deck. The 6216 hitch goes further under the tractor. The differnt models have different widths for mounting attachments, the pins are set further apart on the 900 series than the 6200 series would have.

The blower will work with the correct Hitch. The hitch for the 6216 small frame vertical shaft engine will not work on the 917 large frame horzontal shaft engine. Download the manuals for the blower for the 917 and they will show you what you need.

Ray, If the deal is real good for the snowblower, you may want to consider getting it and buying a 1690557 hitch new and using it with the used snowblower head. I've never seen just the 1690557 hitch for sale on ebay. Occasionally there are older hitches listed, but they require a front clutch mounted on the engine. This post shows the various types of hitches: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56056