Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

leaking vickers ????

Glacier

I have a '69 HB 212 with vickers that has a small leak. It will only leak down a little in the resavoir right after being used and then it will stop leaking. Are these known for this problem, and what is the cure for the problem ?

Yes, it is a common problem. About the the only thing that ever goes wrong on the Vickers. Keeping the reservior filled will do unless the leak gets too severe. The best way to explain the fix is for you to do a search on vickers and look through the posts. There has been numarous discutions on this.

My 3212H Vickers is doing the same thing. If you check around where the linkage from your hydro control goes to the side of the Vickers and see oil that's where the leak is. The shaft that comes out the side case gets worn and oil leaks out of there. One of the other members here has some rebuilt side covers for sale if you want to fix this? I will see if I can find the info and send you a PM. Seems you can't get a PM so here's the info. The member who had one is JJ Marshall. Best of luck