Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3Pt buz saw

MPH

Anyone have or know of a buz saw that will mount or could be made to mount on a 3 pt hitch? Need to ship one too my brother in Colo. Thanks

I ve seen them before at Auctions, but I never paid attention to who the manufacturers were. Never had the urge to stand in front of one while it was running either...

I do not have or know where a buzz saw is. But I'm thinking you are talking about one that would mount on the rear of a farm tractor. Or did you mean on a garden tractor?

Marty, I had some picures posted of the saw we used on the father-inlaws Farmall Cub. I'll post a link if I can find it. But to your question I'm not sure who actually made the saw. It was bought at auction then modified slightly to fit the Cub. It was commercially made, but has been painted, so no name stickers are there. GregB

Marty, Here is the link. When I see the Father in-law I'll ask him if her remembers who made the saw, but I guess it was just a manufacturer making implements sold by the tractor dealers. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=54039 GregB

Thanks for that link Greg. Thats a post I totally missed being gone working. BEAUITFUL farmal cub your father in-law has there. That saw or the one Reed posted would work for Dave. Personnelly I have no desire for such a tool as I like my Husky just fine but my brother is having a hard time running a chin saw since his stroke last summer because of lack of feeling in his right hand, trigger finger, and decided he wants to try one of these. We grew up using one run by a flat belt off the side pulley on the Farmal H. It had to be staked down next too the wood shed. He's too proud to have let me buck up the 4 loads of 8 foot pine he's got hauled in so hoping maybe I can send him a Christmas present

I have a Dearborn built 3pt buzz saw for the Ford 9/2/8n tractors. Dearborn was owned by Ford I beleave. It still uses a belt to power the saw.