Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tire size question

B.Ikard

Gents, I have a chance to get a pair of new 24X12.00-12 turf tires on new rims at a good price. I was curious if these would bolt up in place of the 23x10.50-12's on my 7014 with any clearance problems,etc? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Ike CORRECTION Guys I got my wires crossed.....I have 23x8.50-12 tires on my 7014 !

They should the ones that are on Rodneys tractor in this other post are taller. Just make sure there is enough room with the offset of the other rims. http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56234&SearchTerms=tires

The 24x12x12 tires should fit fine if the backspacing of the wheels is correct. You can measure that by putting a straight edge across the side of the 8.50 tires and measure to the seating surface. Then measure the 24x12x12 tires and see if they have the same backspacing or less. If the do, they will fit. The problem with the larger 26x12x12 tires is that they are extremely close to the fenders. I put spacers under the front of my fenders to raise them enough to prevent rubbing. If you are getting the wheels and tires from a ZTR type mower, be sure and check the bolt pattern. Many of those use only 4 bolts on the wheels, instead of 5.