Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Garden Mark Squire

johnmonkey

Hello, here is the one that started it all. My brother-in-law gave me this about 20 years ago. I rebuilt the engine (B&S 19d)about 15 years ago. I think I need a new plunger because the points don't open and close as they should. The mower deck is has all new bearings and works great. JH

Yes, the hood flys up in third gear, does'nt that happen to all these old ones or is mine the only one....actually the vibreation was so loud that I placed the bungee cords on to lessen the noise. JH

Mine doesn't make any noise on the 725. Now the Landlord that I made open the same can get to driveing me nuts. Are you missing the rubber bumpers on top of the grill posts by any chance?

quote:
Mine doesn't make any noise on the 725. Now the Landlord that I made open the same can get to driveing me nuts. Are you missing the rubber bumpers on top of the grill posts by any chance?
Marty, I have some homemade bumpers, but it still rattles.
quote:
Nice looking tractor John. Have you ever considered the electronic ignition modules.
I tried one. but something shorted and it did not work. I have a spare , but I was afraid to try and ruin another one. JH