Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 710 6 speed

johnmonkey

Here is my 710 six speed. I got this for $100.00 at a simplicity/gravely dealer here in maryland the tractor needed to be cleaned up (carb etc with fresh gas)it started up and was ready. They called it their trash tractor, because it hauled other tractors around the yard. I got a few mower decks along with the 716H hood (I like the headlights on the side of the hood) all for the $100.00.

Cool buy. I always wondered what it would look like if one added the earlier outsode headlights to a later hood with the two inside the grill. 6 lights should well illuminate things:D

John, Is that a new one or the one that you have owned since I first met you. The hood you gave me was from a 710 six-speed. I'm going to have to sneak in the back door of some of these places where you get these deals and see if I can't beat you to them. LOL

Hey Rod, yes that is the one. The hood you got was the original hood from the 710 with the integrated headlights (newer version). The hood you see is from a 716H (older style). The hood I gave you was bent, and you did a great job patching it up. JHG

That was a great deal for a dealer buy. At the dealers I've dealt with I couldn't have bought that for less than 2 to 5 times that much.

This picture shows the original hood that was pretty messed up when John gave it to me. Doesn't look to bad after I finished with it. This hood was on his tractor above when it came from the factory. It took a lot of beating and banging to get the dents out. I had to re-attach most of the spot welds that were broken loose. Then several hours of sanding, bondo, paint, and new decals. I know John was not willing to put the time into it that I did, since he had another to replace it with. I spent more time fixing that hood than putting the rest of the tractor together, but at the time, I couldn't find another locally at a decent price. John also gave me the engine and tranny for this tractor. John is responsible for this tractor being added to my stable. I had a pile of parts, and he had some parts he didn't need. The two piles when combined made this tractor (with a few parts that I had to buy).

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
It took a lot of beating and banging to get the dents out. I had to re-attach most of the spot welds that were broken loose. Then several hours of sanding, bondo, paint, and new decals. I know John was not willing to put the time into it that I did, since he had another to replace it with. I spent more time fixing that hood than putting the rest of the tractor together, but at the time, I couldn't find another locally at a decent price. John also gave me the engine and tranny for this tractor. John is responsible for this tractor being added to my stable. I had a pile of parts, and he had some parts he didn't need. The two piles when combined made this tractor (with a few parts that I had to buy).
Nice work! Everytime I see a picture of your air cleaner mods, I have to admire it as well as the exhaust extention.