Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Comfortable seat opinions (7016H)

Simpleton7016

I need to purchase a comfortable seat for the old 1975 7016H. I have no idea what kind of aftermarket option are available. I do not have back problems yet, but like anyone, I tweak it once in a while. Sore or not, the lawn needs to be mowed, the garden tilled and the snow removed. The tractor is a pretty stiff ride. Are there good seats available that offer some comfort? High back versus low back? Arm rests versus no arm rests? Beer cup holders? Any opinions are welcomed and links to sites with compatible seat options would be most appreciated. And if you have one for sale, by all means give me a hollar. I am currently driving on a 30 year old factory seat that is all torn up and if I wear shorts, that vinyl cover really eats up my hamstrings! Thanks in advance, Erik

I have brand news ones that are direct replacement to the orignals same manufacturer and all (Michigan Seat Co.) Bougth off of a Simplicity dealer that was closing down.

Wow, I didn't think they could be found! I wish I had seen this before I put the aftermarket seat on my 7016. Can I ask how much you get for one Ray?

Being as skinny as I am I don't have much to push my back up straight in a factory seat. This is what I put on my 620 for that. High back, arm rest's, plenty of coushion. We use these on the Tobacco harvesters we build. They work really great and are avaliable through most Ag supplies.

I thought I had a better pic of it. This one shows the height of the back and the arm rest's. The back is very straight so it fits me well. The wife tjought tis was a good shot as I had 3 powermax's in the shop at the same time. All in various states of dissasembly. She said it looked like a tractor assembly line. I told her with all the junk everywhere it looked more like a bomb went off.

I have had back problems in the past including surgery. I have many seats and there are two i like, One is on my B110 a after market seat a lot like RayS with the two holes at the bottom. Mine may be just a little more contured back, check out my pics and you might see what type it is. Its high back but it seems to fit my rear the best. Then theres the seat i have no my Dixie Chopper (original). Whooo wee now thats a seat, like sitin in the living room stuffed chair.

Dave, Never mind what your shop looks like, it's your fridge that concerns me. The door is standing open and it looks like it is (gasp) empty??????

Yes,northern has a wide variety of seats. http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/NTESearch?storeId=6970&N=0&Ntk=All&Ntt=tractor%20seat&Nty=1&D=tractor%20seat&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Dx=mode+matchallpartial

I picked up a new seat just like the one that RayS showed above and have had it on my tractor (17GTH-L)for the last year. It is identical to the one from Simplicity and was made by Michigan Tractor Seat Company, but it didn't have a Simplicity part number on it. Same basic situation as RayS; one of the local dealers had purchased a bunch of seats several years ago thinking that there would be a demand, however, they were just sitting in the back collecting dust. They moved them to the showroom floor where people could see them and they sold out quickly. However, it has no lower back support and with two bad disks in my back, I wanted to get something better. This style of seat is still available from Simplicity. I recently bought a 18" high back seat from Simplicity that fits the current Prestige/Conquest (P/N 17222307). The seat bottom is longer and the mounting holes don't have the same pattern so I'll need to fabricate an adapter plate to mount the seat to my seat hinges, but the seat fits my back much better. I think the price was about $115.00. The same seat is available with arm rests on the Consumer ZT model (P/N 5023160) for $244.45. I liked the arm rests, but not for that price and when I looked at how I get on and off the tractor, I came to the conclusion that the arm rests would be in the way more often than they were useful to me. If I needed to sit in the seat an mow for hours on end I would definitely have gotten the arm rests. Having them on the B-210 makes you appreciate them when you don't have them anymore. Milsco makes both seats (Model XB-180)for Simplicity. They have some dimensions and photos on their website. Hope this info helps.

I have what I believe is a foldable boat seat on my HB-212.It has 4"s of padding and no arm rest(they tend to get in the way at times)and a high back support.I still have the original for it,but this one is far more comfortable.

quote:
Originally posted by swede
Dave, Never mind what your shop looks like, it's your fridge that concerns me. The door is standing open and it looks like it is (gasp) empty??????
That was just an illution so to speak. I was letting it defrost while the wife was getting some refreshment to put back in.^