Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ribs and Lugs

Ronald Hribar

Bought a set of wheels and tri rib tires from KartWheels. Rims are matched to tires. I really like the look. Also received my 26x12-12 lug tires to go on Cub Cadet rims from RustyBore. Took them to local tire shop that I do all my tire busness with Asked them to mount tire using tubes. Got a song and dance that they were too busy. Suggested I take them to lawnmower shop. I asked them about a set of tires for my wife's car. Then told them I'll have to go someplace else as well. Really ticked me off. Me and 4 kids have been doing busness there exclusively for 30 years.Even the new vehicles that we buy, go there for tire rotation/alignment that we pay extra for. Maybe he was having as bad day as I am.

Hope your day goes uphill Ron. Tic me off when you done bussiness with someone for years then get the wally world treatment. Hope my local tire shop doesn't do the same too me, quit buying gas there cuz he's always 7 cent/gal higher but still do heating oil and tire business with him.

I think I'm really going to like the looks of tractor with lugs and ribs. I may have to put a chrome exhaust stack on it.

Ron, I'd really like to see pics of those rear tires mounted on your 17GTH-L showing the clearance to the cone clutch and the clearance on the RH tire to everything else. I don't remember the exact particulars, but I looked into a set of rims from KartWheels and after e-mailing him back and forth giving me some dimensions, I came to the conclusion that the rim offset would result in a close clearance condition to the cone clutch. I'd like to see the pictures and I sure hope I'm wrong and they fit your tractor. Ooops, I just re-read your post and noticed that the 26x12-12 are being mounted on Cub Cadet rims. Never mind. Sorry.:I

StevenJ, I think that Ron is planning to use the Cub Cadet wheels on his Simplicity. The wheels that I used in the following post were from a Cub Cadet that a friend had. Of course these wheels had been widened. http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56234&SearchTerms=tires

For the price of getting these smaller tires mounted, it might be worth looking into purchasing a tire mounting rig from Northern Tool or Harbor Freight.