Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Brs Vangard Liquid Cool Big Blk Cutaways

Al

Hi, Here are some more pics I took in 2004 at EXPO. These are of the Briggs Big Block Liquid Cooled Big Block. TDhink about how cool one of these would be if they could be persuaded to create a V4 version.

[img]/club2/attach/Al/DSCN0086BrsLiqVtwin02Red%20copy.JPG[/img]

Love that Machined Aluminum Table. Hope you enjoy these. If someone fixes these Thanks in advance. Hope they come out OK. Al Eden

quote:
Originally posted by orangeone
Al, What kind of HP dothese come in and do you think we could "stuff" one in a Sovergen ? Roger
I saw them last year at GIE and then the Briggs Vanguard 'big blocks' were up to 35hp in gas and diesel variations.

I don't know how anyone would/could afford to run a tractor w/ 25 plus HP in it on gas. So much more efficient on diesel. Still a great looking little big engine. With only 1 or 2 diesels offered this may lead to Briggs getting deeper in the small diesel market. I know, em' overseas engines are good for the most part, but wouldn't it be better to say I got a "BRIGGS" engine in that compact tractor instead of something we can't pronounce?

Lombardini = Briggs. In the 7790 and 920D. At the time these engines were installed Simplicity purchased them from Briggs. At that time Briggs was supposed to be an owner of Lombardini.

I remeber Briggs haveing a diesel venture years ago and I figured it was Lomb. But do they still maintain any relationship with them? I know it's somewhat diff. and priceing getting some parts for them now. And Briggs is calling all the newer engines just Briggs, right?

Hi, The Briggs deal was with Farymann, a Europeon Company and nothing ever came of it. The 3 cyls are Dihatsu and are called Briggs Dihatsu. Available in both gas and diesel. I am pretty sure Dihatsu was involved in the early developement and pdroduction of the Vangard V twins also. I don't have pricing on these handy, but it seems like a couple of hundred above the air cooled. Probably in the 2400.00 range depending on type#. Al Eden