Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ehertzfeld

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

D-17_Dave
All I got was a lousy 1/4" of ice on everything above ground last night. 48 degrees now and it's all gone w/ not much power outage around. I'll have to wait till next week for another chance. I guese it's a good time to drag out the blower for the 620 and see if it works. I haven't ever put it on since getting it back in the spring. If I'm waiting on 6 to 8" of snow to use it I bet I got plenty of time to check it out down here. lol

Kent
I'm guessing we got about 14" - 16" up here on the hilltops -- certainly over a foot. There was some wind and drifting, so it's hard to tell. I broke the belt on my 3112's snowblower and ended up using the blade on the HB-216 to clean the last of the city's plowing out of the way. Today I have to get another belt and clean up the edges. As usual, this one caught me less than fully prepared -- i.e. no spare belt. I have no idea how old the belt on that 42" blower was -- it was on there when I got it from Stan. I thought I had a Gates belt for a spare, but found out differently when I needed it... :(