Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Conquest lift lever locking mechanism

SmilinSam

Anyone know of a way to temporarily disable the lock mecanism on the lift lever on a ConQuest? Theres barely enough room to get a gloved hand in the cab pocket let alont try and reach over the top of the grip and depress the button everytime you want to lift the blower a little.

Sam, Don't know if it will work on a Conquest but someone posted on how he made a latch for the push button some time ago. Try a site search. You could try drilling a couple of small holes in the lever to install a wire "bale" that would keep the button depressed. Make the bale out some heavy wire (spring wire preferred). Might also have to file/saw a groove in the top of the button to keep the wire in place. Good luck,

Sam, you might try cutting a small piece of metal and bolting it to the lift quadrant blocking the holes except for the last one to keep the implement all the way up. I'm not familiar w/ the conqeust lift but it sounds simular to a RBT quadrant w/ lots of notches. Just a thought.

Sam, I have done it two ways on my tractors. First time, I just depressed the rod in the handle and blocked the latch in that position, then drilled thru the latch and inserted a pin. Spring tension holds it in. That was on my 716H. On my 713S, I depressed the rod and blocked it the same way, then just drilled thru the handle and rod so that a pin can be inserted at the end of the handle where the grip is. Either way will keep the latch from engaging the notches. Let me know if you want pictures, and I'll see if I can get some. I did a post on this a couple years ago, but can't seem to locate it.