Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
TomF

Advice on 6211 purchase

TomF
I've found a 1982 Simpl. 6211 for sale in nice shape. Has a 42" deck, 42" blower, and 30" tiller. 11 hp B&S enginer. Owner is asking $1400, but may be able to purchase for less. All the units have been kept indoors and appear to be in very nice shape. Owner has mowed with it weekly for 18 years. Is this worth $1000-1200? Thanks for your thoughts! Just gettin' into more trouble, Tom

tej
Roger - you need more rear weight and chains or ag tires to better your traction but it seems you got a very good deal. Like the man says - pay your money - take your chance! Tom - condition is a major factor but if you tried to buy a similiar setup today with a thrower & tiller I don't think you could for $5000 - maybe just the tractor. If all is well with it is still a good price. See if the engine has been short blocked, replaced or rebuilt - it will probably be the first major consideration if still original.

arnoldir
I just bought a 1981 6216 with 42" deck on EBay for $205 and have about $150 into it for belts and battery. Mows like a champ, and with the front plow I just got it runs out of traction before running out of power. Overall, I am happy with it. There is a 6211 on EBay now and it's up to $255.