Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kids first welding class project

SmilinSam

[img]http://a8.cpimg.com/image/80/25/54529408-eb9a-022E018C-.jpg[/img] If you look you will see an extra set of rear wheels on there.....:D

First he came up with the idea to the center webbing out of two rear wheels inverted and welded together as a jig. Once he built that he used pipes centered on and bolted into the wheel weight holes on the jig and then weled flat plates between the pipes making a spacers for the wheels. He made his to dual up the original 6" wide tires to the existing 8" wide tires, but you could make the pipes longer or shorter to accomodate whatever combinations you want as long as they will fit in the jig.

Looks great Sam. Looks like he'll be needing his own membership soon. Like maybe for Christmas.lol I really look forward getting my son more involved as he gets older. Just turned 7 last week and is driveing the 620 around. He shows a lot of aptitude for the shop and tinkering. I don't want him to spend all his time in the shop but I love to see him takeing an interest in tractors and tinkering. He's just a little young to be useing the tourch just yet.lol Tell your sons to keep up the good work.

is anyone elase having problems downloading Sams pictures? Mine seem to take for ever and then I get a red x, and I have a cable modem! Elon