Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ready for snow...

vfd702

Yup...the standard Donaldson precleaner PACKS with snow. We have it routed back over the rear axle. Sure makes a neat turbo whine also.

Even with it being green, at least it's a 4020, that looks to be one snow mover for sure. I've always wondered why someone would put a blower on the rear of a tractor and have to fight it turning your head all day. This sure solves that problem. Did you use a front mount blower or convert a rear mount. Sure looks like you could use a cab though.

The blower is a Hansen. It was made for a 10 or 20 series Deere with the 1000 RPM front power takeoff. It has a midship mounted reverser gear box to make it turn the right direction. My brother bought it at a sale very reasonable. It was a rusty Cat yellowish color. Had to make it match the 4020 though. We have had it quite a few years now. Cab ??? Dang right it needs one. You can BURY yourself while running it if not mindful of the wind direction. ken

• 2 weeks later...
Hi I really like your 4020 Deere set up with the front mounted blower! I have seen a 4020 with a cab and front mounted blower before, but it was not nearly in as nice of shape as yours is. Take Care Jason B