Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor Cab

Terry_Hart

Does anyone have experience with cabs from http://www.jimsrepairjimstractors.com/tractor-cab.htm? They look pretty good and reasonably priced. I emailed them about fitting my AC716. They said it mounts to the hitch and running boards.

Hi Terry, Can't say I've had the pleasure of Jim's. I have had the pleasure of the Original cab co. I had gotten a cab a while back, that when all was said & done only the fiberglass top & frame were good. I called the OCC & got new doors, front and rear 'curtains' for a beyond fair price. So much so, I didn't make them (I can with a industrial sewing machine). I will put new windows in from time to time, but they did a fantastic job! They are also a sponsor for this site, here's the link. http://www.originalcab.com/products_htc.htm Let us know if you do go to Jim's, It's nice to be able to choose! JP

That certainly looks roomy. It apears to go far enough up onto the hood to maybe gather a little heat from some model tractors. I don't know how well it would work on something like the Sunstar models, as the fresh air intake for engine and trans. cooling is at the top rear of the hood.

It appears to have some nice features. I would like to see a picture from the back. I have seen one or two that are open in the back and can't quite make out for sure if this is closed or open in back. It appears to have ties that allow you to roll up the side curtins and tie them up for milder weather. Over time you might have to be careful with the zippers and make sure they are working smoothly. Overall it is an attractive unit at an attractive price. It would probably only take one more windy day of blowing snow to spring my fingers lose from the money 8D