Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Series B,C, D etc. question

Simpleton7016

Perhaps a silly question, but as I am in the market for several asoorted parts, attachments, etc....what do the different "series" mean. I see a lot of ads on the net for an AC "D" Series this, or "B" series that. What series is mine? Is it an "H" series since it is a 1975 AC 716H? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Erik

yours is neither. The "d" is a full sized farm tractor. The "B" is the older Simplicity made garden tractor. Some of the "B" attachments will fit your tractor, but mite need some modifications. The best thing you can do is to go to SimpleTractors.com, and look at the "what fits" section. That should give you some ideas. Elon

B careful, this is also an AC B... [img]http://i3.ebayimg.com/04/i/05/b8/25/90_1.JPG[/img] Make sure you're talkin' garden tractors before you make a deal. Your tractor is a 700 Series garden tractor. The H stands for hydrostatic drive.

Thanks guys, that helps a lot. So I should just watch for key word "700 series" in most cases. Thanks, Erik

Your 700 series is also the same as the 7000 series in the simplicity line. Everything but the paint and decals is interchangeable between the 2. But as Elon said, with the right kit, a good portion of "B" series attachments will work on it.

When you find time too kill, spend some kents Simple trACtor site. You can become quite educated there in a few hours and see lots of models in picture form, which really helps you spot more tractors driving down the road, which may lead you too that attachment you really needed. Just a crying shame most of the time you haveto take it all to get say 'the snowblower'. Soon you wind up with too many {in some peoples opinion} tractors.

Make sure the "B" series stuff you are looking at aren't for a B207 or B208. Those are smaller tractors similar to the older Broadmoors. The "B" series that might work on your tractor would include B1,B10,B12,B110,B210,B112 and B212. Like Elon said, most of the stuff from the above tractors will attach to yours because the hitches are almost the same, but the drive systems are a bit different. Most can be overcome though. Generally though you should look for Simplicity 3400,7000 and 7100 series as well as Allis 700 and 900 except for 720 which is a supersized garden tractor.

quote:
Originally posted by goatfarmer
quote:
from Marty.... Soon you wind up with too many {in some peoples opinion} tractors.
Is that even possible?;)
acording to my wife there is[:0] Elon

quote:
quote:
from Marty.... Soon you wind up with too many {in some peoples opinion} tractors.
Is that even possible?;)
Only in relation to storage space available and time/money available to fix..:D

quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
quote:
quote:
Is that even possible?;)
Only in relation to storage space available and time/money available to fix..:D
My yard would cancel that theory - :D:D

Also the suffix letter V = Variable transmission S = Shuttle transmission H = Hydrostatic transmission About the only large frame B series Allis Chalmers or 700,725, Landlord 9hp, Landlord 101, 2000, 2100, 2200, 3200 series Simplicity Attachment that won't work on your 700 series Allis Chalmers is the 3 Belt Snow Blower and I don't think you want one of those.

Excellent clarifications and tips all. Thank you. I will print this thread out and keep it with my owners/parts manuals! Perfect, perfect, perfect!!