Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Help !!

biggie_rat

Re-arranging the garage a week or two ago made no difference. And that doesn't count the one's you can't see.

Maybe a dumpster to get rid of my wife's "good intentions". At this time I can still get the trucks inside. I may need to build H.D. shelves to stack tractors. B.R.

I've thought of the dumpster idea myself, but that would bring a divorce. A little bit in the regular trash pick up each week works pretty good. They dont seem to miss anything that way....

Now there's an idea Sam. The hubby could always say, "well, its got to be in there somewhere, keep looking. I haven't seen it and I have no idea where you put it" whenever she realizes something is missing. (or at least, that's what she would say to me.)

quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
A little bit in the regular trash pick up each week works pretty good. They dont seem to miss anything that way....
It been working here in CT!}:)}:)}:) Elon

I have 3 other buildings, but one is where I work on them, one is 1/3 full of straw, 2/3 full of orange things I won't need until spring and the other building would hold a lot of stuff if it didn't have an 8,000 lb., 29' travel trailer (used only 3 times) taking up most of the doorway space, so you can't get anything in there. Plus, the last two buildings are inside a 42" chain link fence and anything in there may not get out until spring if I don't keep up with and the snow blocks the gates. I had to bring the blowers and blades down to the main garage to be sure I could get to them. 3 Allis's are under tarp outside.

Well, here's a couple thoughts, if you can't sell the hardly use travel trailer and there's room inside the shed around it that you just can't get too because of the blockage in the doorway, cut in a 4 1/2 foot door so tractors will fit through. From the looks of things you have plenty of equipment to play a little longer each snow fall and keep a nice wide pathway cleaned to the shed. Whay is the straw for?

quote:
Originally posted by biggie_rat
Now there's an idea Sam. The hubby could always say, "well, its got to be in there somewhere, keep looking. I haven't seen it and I have no idea where you put it" whenever she realizes something is missing. (or at least, that's what she would say to me.)
One has to realize that this sort of venture is like handling explosives though... Like cutting the right wires, you have to start with the right materials. First stuff to pitch is anything broken, missing parts, damaged. then get them to sort out clothes and offer to take the unwanted stuff to the mission . the rest of the material which is to dangerous to toy with you just have to repack into as small a containers as possible and re- store till he** freezes over or when they feel like doing something with it. Same difference. I recovered a 14x24 garage using this method.

i think the straw in the one building biggie has is for when his wife finds out what happened to her 'good intentions' he can stay warm in the dog house. Gary :D

I think I see the problem! The the box with the 'Pirate' on it looks empty!!! LOL Boy, If I only had that much room! Of course, IF I DID, I'd end up with MORE P'max stuff....... ! LOL JP

You're right cheepcheep. That would probably happen. I would probably be, move over Wally, you've got a room mate. B.R.

Jay, that is your old blower. 13th from the left on the upper level. You're such a nice guy I couldn't bear to part with it. Since you brought it, it has started a family. Can't leave them in the same room alone for a minute. Must be a fertile little devil, it reproduced 3 snow shovels already - all orange. B.R.

I helped out by getting a Gilson snowblower from you.But that 7100 series blower we traded for probably takes up just as much room.....

Hey Kenny, I hope the Gilson B&S is doing the job and yes, I still have your blower too, so no space gained there. It was really a nice one. I match the blowers with the tractor. Lower horsepower - 36", higher 42". Nice tractor, nice blower, etc. I have a 7016 coming in Monday that may get one of the better 42". The owner says it is nice and I saw a pic of it. We'll see, I guess. Luckily, I got him to deliver it, at least within 40 miles of me. Can't beat that in this weather. This is the first year I have had more blowers and plows than tractors. Since the January weather started already tractor prep has really slowed down and 7000-7100 tractor finds are getting further away. B.R.