Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Kent

New A-C info in "What Fits?" section

Kent
I just posted the only Allis-Chalmers info I've run into that partially defines what attachments fit which tractors, and what adapters are required. It is INCOMPLETE and has NOTHING like the detail that the Simplicity charts had, but it is valuable in that it shows: 1) AC manufacture/product numbers for the AC attachments that fit 2) AC-unique tractors such as the Homesteader, 300 and 400 series that are not in the Simplicity tables 3) The associated pages that show more detail on some of the adapters that are required, such as the two different rear implement lifts on the AC-400 series, one 1" diameter and the other 1-1/4" in diameter.... Hope this is valuable. But, it raised several other questions for me: 1) What commonality or differences are there between the smaller AC tractors and the smaller Simplicity tractors of the same periods -- B-207, B-208, and Homesteader(s)... 2) Only the Homesteader 8 is listed in the AC attachment info. I know there was a 7HP one (it's in the brochure dated 12/72) -- and I thought I'd heard of a 6HP one... If the Homesteader 8 is roughly the equivalent of a Broadmoor, and the 7HP is roughly the same as a Yeoman, was there a 6HP to compare with the Serf? 3) What AC attachments fit these smaller tractors? 4) What Simplicity attachments will fit them? 5) What parts and components do they share with the Simplicity tractors of the same period, if any? BTW -- Again we owe our thanks to Del Allen, who stumbled across a small binder of AC dealer literature from the mid-60's to early 70's and provided me (us) a copy. . . .[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/Main/what_fits.htm']http://www.simpletractors.com/Main/what_fits.htm[/a]

-- to Kent-- and Del Allen-- from David A. Sohn 8/24/2000 Awesome. Thank you so much for posting this key info on AC label equipment. This is very encouraging. David A. Sohn