Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snowblower

Ronald Hribar

I have a 36inch snowblower mounted on my 7117 with 20 hp Magnum. Son in law was using it first and he said it wouldn't blow. So I switched tractors and snowblowers with him. He was right, it doe not blow snow. So I took 7inch pulley off the snowblower and put on a 5inch pulley and as long as i kept it full it would blow fairly well. But it acts like it is sticking to chute. I've heard this before, but never happened to me. I then added 2 pieces of rubber to the impellor. The pieces werw 2" x6 "x 1/2' thick. I then gave it a severe test. I drove it into snowbanks that had been plowed off driveway. It made the 20hp go to the govenor but it blew snow. I lost on of the rubber pieces and now am looking for a piece of heavy belting that I can fit to discharge chute. I may have to reline chute so that impellor fits contour of chute.

I was going to try to use an old rubber flap. At the edges there are pretty thick. Not sure how thick, but it should do. Elon

Ron, if you can find an old semi-truck mud flap I think you may have it. Thinking of doing that on my 42 inch if the paint ever gets hard.

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Ron, if you can find an old semi-truck mud flap I think you may have it. Thinking of doing that on my 42 inch if the paint ever gets hard.
Yep that is what I ment.:D Elon

You can also use the replacement rubber/belting pieces (about 18" x 3" x 1/4") made to replace the worn impellers in the old single-stage 2-cycle Jacobsen snowthrowers. I think they are about $10 per piece. These pieces also work well bolted to the back of an 18" shop broom and make a nice squeege to remove ice/snow from the garage floor. /r David in Denver