Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

The little Tractor that could

MPH

Had 2 1/2 sacks of portland left, it doesn't store well for me, so I looked to my gravel pile in the yard for more concrete grave. Parked the 725 with the blower running and shoveled the snow into it, worked well. Sorry, no pic of that operation'

LL getting gravel out. Froozen crust was about 3 inches but a couple good running stabs and chains throwing gravel behind me it broke through. This pic is whats left of the pile today as I was getting a little clean stuff for the approach.

here's my dump spot for the stuff I dug out

This is my 14 x 17 feet of nice smooth concrete floor to work on trackors on:)

So the slab got a little bigger than originally planned. Looks good. I still want my initials in it, maybe a palm print. LOL

Nice floor Marty. I wish I had that kind of incentive to spend that much time in the cold. Do you guys have to wear coats in the shower up there?

Marty, Check out the web sit for the king of obsolete. He in norther Manatoba it will make you feel warm just looking. Nice job on the cement. John

Would it not have been easier to do that when it was warm out say 30 degrees I don't even like doing anything like that in the summer that is why they make cement trucks and drivers with bunny boots on.

Have a hard time geting a driver to deliver that concrete. lol Did you get a good discount? Or did you mix it by hand. lol Looks like a nice shop for your tractors.

Thanks for the comments guys. Looking forward to helping the B-112 fall apart on that floor. I mixed the mud 15 shovels at a time in my little mixer as seen in the shop talk post. Can't send off any of my energy guys, its way to hard to muster up this time of the year. Reason I didn't do it when the weather was fit is I wasn't home, I was doing it for someone else chasing a green back dollar. As for the my cold, looking at the national news this morning, I'll gladly keep my weather, least when it turns winter here it stays cold enough not to rain ice outta the sky. used to hate that when I lived on the Kenai Penn down south of Anch.. It's been almost balmy here lately anyway, have had more days above zero in Dec then below zero. The 5 hours of daylight can slip away before I get moving but that'll start changing here next week. Just gotta feed the barrel stove well and all is good.:)

Nice job Marty. As more tractors fill the area, looks like you can keep adding additional slab strips and then have room for more tractors/attachments. If you keep it up long enough, maybe you'll have as much room as Biggie Rat. ;)