Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Largest tractor bone yard I have ever seen

dhardin

To bad it was all Wheelhorse. I got a 30" Simplicity sickle on Ebay last week and went to pick it up just out side of Danville Illinois. The guy Stan, was real nice and showed me his 50 or 60 tractors I'm guessing. He had just parted out a AC 410 and some parts left of a AC B10 is all he had that sparked my interest. Other wise it was all Wheekhorse and some Toros. He also has one shead in the back compeatly full of motors. I asked if he had any Briggs? he had one 9 or 10 Briggs and it went home with me. Stan is a full time used parts operation and had one employee and his wife works the phone and helps out with the e-bay listing i think. Was a great 100 mile trip one way of me but I got what I wanted and more.

How about a picture of this 30 inch sickle. Is it for one of the walkers? Wondering if it looks like one I picked up at an auction.

I haven't seen this guys place myself but a couple guys have told me there's an old guy in WI that has DOZENS of powermaxes. So many they are sitting outside. Along with parts and attachments. Don't know his name or where he is but 2 different guys have mentioned being there.

Its been years but when we use to travel with the band we went by a huge farm tractor and combine yard just this side of Janesville Wisconsin. It was like 160 acres of tractor all parked in the different makes and models. Its right on the Illinois and Wisconsin border. I have sent a few guys up there that was looking for parts in years since. Not sure its still there