Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

ConQuest in Action and more.....

SmilinSam

Heres a few of the Snow machines around here... [img]http://a4.cpimg.com/image/F2/62/54650354-1ba5-012E00F8-.jpg[/img] [img]http://a5.cpimg.com/image/F3/62/54650355-7422-02320184-.jpg[/img] [img]http://a6.cpimg.com/image/F4/62/54650356-3e73-019C015A-.jpg[/img] [img]http://a7.cpimg.com/image/F5/62/54650357-ef3d-019A0196-.jpg[/img] And this one you have already seen... [img]http://a7.cpimg.com/image/7F/25/54529407-afbf-019E0162-.jpg[/img]

You look well equiped to deal with any storm that may dump on you Sam. Betch the ConQuest gets the major part of the work with that cozy looking cab.:)

Thanks for posting a pic of the Conquest with old snowblower. It looks like the blower head is much closer to the tractor than with a Sovereign setup. Probably makes for better maneuvering. Or is it just an illusion with the angle of the pic?

That is a Homelite S-4 Blower. My son found that at an auction and brought it home for $20. Looks like it has been used very little. HE's been using it around here to blow the sidewalks off. The Thing about the Conquest that makes it nice ( aside from the cab) is that the foot control hydro frees your hand up to steer with while the other is busy with the lift. It does see the most use. I do like to use the T-15 when there is little to no wind though. The 712 I get out when I have chunks of ice to move out of the way. Had to use it the other day when the roof snow partially melted and slid off the shed and then froze. Cant blow that. The Blower does sit somewhat closer to the steering axle than on a Soveriegn, and yes it seem a bit easier to steer like that. I'd still like to get a 42" blower for it, but the 36 works good too. Really the only problem with the 36" is in getting up close to walls or objects or in a turn while blowing snow. It barely covers the wheel tracks, but coupled with the 20hp engine I cant seem to bog it down to ant great degree. I do need to get some steel flat iron and make some drift cutters for the blowers though. Couldnt undercut the drifts this snow enough to break them down. Cutters would have solved that problem.

The way I have my 36 geared. I can make my 20hp Magnum bark. Went to make a path to outlying shed. Snow 12 to 18 inches deep where I blew it off drive way. But it was blowing as high as my ranch house on Gable end. was doing that on purpose. Wife would not let me put straw bales along west side of house. Now I have snow piles protecting foundation

So Sam, that being a 36 inch blower brings a question to my mind, when did they start making 36 inch blower with straight sides, 36 inch augar, instead of like the old ones with the funnel shaped front and 28 inch augar. Hate tring to cut a slice off a snow bank with my old one.

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
So Sam, that being a 36 inch blower brings a question to my mind, when did they start making 36 inch blower with straight sides, 36 inch augar, instead of like the old ones with the funnel shaped front and 28 inch augar. Hate tring to cut a slice off a snow bank with my old one.
I'm thinking they started the straight sided ones about 1968. I have 1967 literature that still shows the flared sided ones.

Sam, Very nice fleet of snow movers you have there. I like your winter cab on your Conquest,and your boys blower he is using in the picture.

Nice pics!! Those Conquests are such a great machine to use. I love mine. I have a 42" single stage snowthrower for mine too and it really does the job!

Thanks for all the compliments. Now that I about have everything I need and the way I want it the shed will probably burn down.......:o)B)

quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
Thanks for all the compliments. Now that I about have everything I need and the way I want it the shed will probably burn down.......:o)B)
Nah... you'll just be consumed with caring for the fallow herd and barn and won't get to spend any time in it! ;)

quote:
Originally posted by Kent
quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
Nah... you'll just be consumed with caring for the fallow herd and barn and won't get to spend any time in it! ;)
How about butcher and eat the herd and recover the barn for more tractor space:D