Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Where do you guys wetsand?

MPH

Guess spraying my second coat I got some overspray because the surface was gritty, so I decided i hadda wet sand it. Too cold outside, no water or sink in the shop, so I used what I have.

At least after doing something like this I Haveta mop the bathroom floor.:D

Not single but I could get away with that. Once rebuilt a carburetor on the kitchen table while "ole what's her name" made supper on the other half of the table. :D Good thinking Marty.

Wow. I can get away with some things but I took one look at that and thought I would have been shot for that. I have used a big tub for that in the house but not the actual bath tub. Looking good though.

Showed the wife the picture and she informed me of the consequences most of which involved long periods of celebasy. Glad you could pull that off. I need a second bathroom.....

quote:
Originally posted by tec2484
If the wife was to get to upset, Just tell her the snow will get real deep on her side of the driveway.
You tell her that!!!

LOL......Marty Marty Marty, Somehow I knew that was going to be the picture coming when I was reading before I scrolled down. Be careful though those tubs on the inside sides are very thin. I know how thin.

I hate to be a stick in the mud but... aren't ya being a little fussy with that blower? I mean after your done fixin that all up your gonna blow snow with it right? I'm sure there's some rocks your gonna be scooping up and that paint won't be so pretty soon. I hope it comes out nice and does the work for ya though... Best of luck...

Becky wouldn't mind if I did that. In fact our tub/shower has been used for many projects. All she requires is that I clean up after myself. As Roy said, many carbs have been rebuilt on my dining room table. I guess the biggest job was the four-speed transmission that I rebuilt in the family room. As long as I help with her projects, she ignores mine. She called me at work, a little while ago, and asked if I could cut some rebar. I said "where?" and "when?". Found out it is for a nativity scene at church. A worthwhile project.

Gotta sort of agree with you Rick about being too fuzzy. The way I use my tractors it really doesn't make much sence to paint them either. But, because I am the way I am, if I'm gonna go through the trouble of painting something, it can't come out looking like 80 grit sand paper.

When I first built my garage, Becky was constantly complaining about all the "junk" that I was collecting. Now, her normal question is "do you have anything in the garage that you can fix this with?" She grew to understand what the collection of articles was really about. After 33 years of marriage, there is no more bickering about where and how I fix things, as long as I clean up after myself. I agree with Marty. I don't really like sanding and painting tractor parts. If I do decide to do the job, then I want to do it right and only have to do it once. I don't wetsand tractors, because they are work machines to me. 180 or 220 grit is good enough with 3 - 4 coats of primer and paint. Unless it was an absolute "show" tractor, I won't try to make the paint job that perfect. I try to make hoods and fenders look good, but frames and attachments are geared more to preservation than "prettyization".

When I first built my garage, Becky was constantly complaining about all the "junk" that I was collecting. Now, her normal question is "do you have anything in the garage that you can fix this with?" She grew to understand what the collection of articles was really about. After 33 years of marriage, there is no more bickering about where and how I fix things, as long as I clean up after myself. I agree with Marty. I don't really like sanding and painting tractor parts. If I do decide to do the job, then I want to do it right and only have to do it once. I don't wetsand tractors, because they are work machines to me. 180 or 220 grit is good enough with 3 - 4 coats of primer and paint. Unless it was an absolute "show" tractor, I won't try to make the paint job that perfect. I try to make hoods and fenders look good, but drive trains and attachments are geared more to preservation than "prettyization".