Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Siberian Tractor Rescue

Jovee

Last week I posted the question about the hydro release the 5212.5 that I bought for $25 but couldnt get it extracted. Yesterday that changed and #29 has come home ^ The first pic is where it was parked in the frozen tundra in relation to my truck at the top

I brought my neighbor because I felt if someone should tangle the rope halfway up the hill, it should be him [:0]

The key to the W Va engineering used was the 200ft of clothesline and the $3 pulley. Seems no one had enough good rope around and the good stuff was too expensive for a one time thing. I wasnt waiting until spring

Had to go a good ways backwards up that road in 4L to keep the speed at a crawl. The line held and out she came :)

Here is an idea of the angle up. The yard was laced with fancy landscaping and decorations under the snow. We took the straight shot thru the goalposts

All went beter than expected and its home. It will sit in the carport until the weather breaks and I will install its new drivebelt. Luckily it only sat out in the yard for 3 months when they broke the belt. Cant beat that for $25 ^^^

Nice find for $25... the hydro versions are VERY smooth operating tractors, though I've never used a gear one. Engine is quiet and smooth too, in comparison to the old castiron singles... One of my neighbors has a very well maintained 5212.5H with turbo-boost 2-bin bagger and snowplow. Eli & I mowed his lawn with it all summer, since he's in his late 80s and has had two minor heart attacks... They mow real nice also, though they don't handle tall stuff quite as well as the deep decks, IMO. Looks like yours has the lift lever on the right running board. His has electric lift, and no lift lever.

It was definitely well cared for. It has been garage kept all its life except for the last few months. There is one scuff on the grille and a few scratches on the deck from use but other than some dirt and snow its cherry. Good thing I was wearing jeans or she may have been on to my excitement. The engine code says its an 88. Curious as to when they switched to square headlights. Cant wait to play with it this spring. Its a keeper- Also, the neighbor thats untangling the rope is Tarzan who some may remember me posting how he jumped the fence to get my gascan and crushed the newly redone Dynamark pickup this past summer. This was his redemption. Shouldve made him handpush it out but Im over it I guess-

Nice score on the tractor! That will make a sweet ride, if only used for trimming the tighter areas. Good thinking on the pulley. Anyone who has had to load a non-runner knows this can be a task. I was considering an electric winch for the front of the trailer, but maybe a couple of well placed pulleys, a length of rope and any running vehicle would make the loading much easier.

Pretty neat story :D I'm still waiting for a hydro one to show up here. All I seem to come across are the 5 speed gear drive types.

Nice tractor! I think you'll like cutting with that one.The one's I've seen turn on a dime,and leave 7 cents change.

quote:
Originally posted by goatfarmer
Nice tractor! I think you'll like cutting with that one.The one's I've seen turn on a dime,and leave 7 cents change.
I was impressed with the turning just by pushing it. I feel I will do a lot less backing up next summer. Happy I have something that I dont have to repaint for a change. Still cant get over the cheapie clothesline pulled it uphill 180ft and didnt break.

How implement friendly are these models and what are the odds of making one of the deep decks from one of my Broadmoors work on this?