Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Les

Source of Conflict?

Les
In the recent past we have seen a little bit of conflict here on the site, which hopefully is way behind us and should be forgotten. I was thinking that maybe it came about because some people think that this site should only be for people who restore and show tractors. I think that it wonderful and very interesting to restore and show tractors, and that it should be encouraged and supported. The "vision" that I have picked up from our founder is that this should be a freindly, helpful site where there are no dumb questions. And that mainly the club is for us working guys, sorry, working people who love our AC/Simplicities and are mostly just interested in keeping them running. Do I need to apologize because I only keep working tractors?

I have only been around for a week or so, and I think that your conflict is misinterpretted. There are a wide range of interests within the club, but from the one amatuer ad I placed concerning a grader blade for my newly acquired 627, I recieved responses from a wide range of concerned members. Just like any other motor hobby, there are those who want to keep their 57' Chevy running and those who want to restore it to their original condition.

Good_Ole_JR
I like to be able to "show off" my restored 3212's but I also like to use them also. Mine are regularly used to maintain my property. I also enjoy working on them. I also enjoy passing on information when it comes to repairing and maintaining them. Before I became a member of this site, I had to pretty much do my repairs by the seat of my pants so to speak. After I became a member, I looked through several postings and found out some of the members had experienced some of the problems that I had. If I had been a member back then it would have been a lot easier to do my repairs with the abundant knowledge that is contained from this club. I just want to thank the founder for making a wonderful site available to pass on the wealth of knowledge that has helped me and others to keeping such a fine line of equipment running. I am always proud when I roll my sovereigns out of the garage to do chores such as tilling, mowing and hauling around my property when neighbors are buying other brands every two or three years and year after year I roll the same tractors out of my garage!

Good_Ole_JR
Les, No apologies necessary from my viewpoint. Restoring to new (or better than new) and showing is fine. On the other hand, I keep my B-1 running and use it. I call it a "working" tractor. Not pretty but useful. Roy

ka9bxg
I have both kinds of tractors some just for show and some for work the 3212 is still going(not as strong as 25 years ago) but still cutting 1 acre of grass. but 1 of my wonderboy 700s is just for show. and of course the walkbehinds do both with trailers and sulkys they are a blast to ride at tractor shows. Is anybody going to the Sussex show near Milwaukee? I might make it but will have a different make of tractor.Bob

AGCO918
anyone that loves these tractors can benifit from kent and all the other members helping each other when they are in need.let the past be done with people.people can help each other when they need a part or a paint code or what ever.i work my agco918 but keep it clean and covered up because i am very picky.some like to restore them and show them.nomatter what we all can help each other with a wealth of info.to show or to work it doesnt matter.everyone is welcome to help each other with this great info . when needed.

Kent
I have received useful info on keeping my 1978 4111 running and cutting 20 commercial propertys on a regular basis As well as keeping my Soveriegn running smooth. Use the site for your own reasons. The People here are more than willing to help with info if they can. You cant ask for more