Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Loader

Michael A

correct me if i am wrong but i think that the 7100 series is not an ideal tractor to use a loader on. None of those loaders were made to fit the 7100 and would require modification. That said of have seen pictures of 7100s equipped with loaders on this site.

7100's are great tractors. I have a 7114h. very tough. but if you are planning to put a loader on one plan on doing a lot of modification.

I don't have anything to offer regarding the original question but Kwik-Way only recommended their loaders to be used on some of the Sears tractors. The reason given was because of the differences in rear axles. Apparently some were stronger than others.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris727
I think SmilinSam had one on a 900 series he sold to Comet66? Is that right?
You are correct sir.

It was a Quik-way loader, custom fit to the tractor. The tractor was dedicated to the loader. Loader could not be taken off and a mower put on, however it was set up to run a tiller.

The 7100/900 series tractors would be fine machines to put a loader on. I have a 7116H, a 716H, a 713S, and a 61 Wards (Simp 700). They are all built very strong and have basically the same running gear and chassis setup. The 7100 is a longer tractor than the others. A loader off one of the older tractors may not clear the hood on a 7100. If you were going to build the loader yourself, a 7100 would be a good machine to put it on. Remember, the weak point in all of these tractors, when using a loader, is that the BGB is the part that holds the tranny to the frame. These can be broken during heavy use. You may want to beef up that area if you are going to build a loader and put the tractor through some extremely heavy usage. Thedaddycat posted a topic about beefing up one of his tractors that broke the BGB. You may want to search the archives for that topic.

If your interested in a custom frame build that will not strees your bevel gear box, look at the one AL Eden built for me. It is on a 7119 with wheel spacers. The link is below: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=44332