Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snow Cab on a 1920 Ultima

TimH

I just recently picked up a cab to fit on my 1920 Ultima - it came off of a Sunstar. Anyway. I have a mess of metal bars and brackets, along with a fiberglass top, two sides, a front and a back. I can't seem to make sense out of where the pieces go, or how to get it together. Anybody have any advice as to where to start? Anybody have a manual or some photos of how to piece this together. It does not seem like it is a Simplicity unit, there is not lettering or numbering on it. Thanks.

I got a manual for the cab via e-mail, many thanks to John. One question - because I think the cab I have is slightly different from the one in the manual. The manual John sent me shows a "Y" shaped bracket that clamps below the steering wheel, with each of the legs running forward to connect with the "H" shaped brace that holds the windshield piece. The "H" shaped brace that I have has legs that seem to want to run back and connect somewhere onto the side of the instrument panel part of the tractor. Can anybody shed some light on this? If you have a cab on Sunstar or Ultima, how is it connected in this area. Thanks (I hope this question makes sense to you all).