Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

B-110 bevel gear housing.

Ryan
Getting ready to rebuild the housing. I still do not like the design of the woodruff key driving the two piece main drive pulley. Going to check hardness of the shaft. It seems a little soft. I can't get over the damage to the shaft. I'm going to make the shaft. The steel will be S-7. Turned, hardened, and ground. Does any body think that 55-60 Rockwell will be to brittle? Going to make the two piece pulley also (inside half only). It will be made out of P20 or 4140 tool steel. Does anyone need a pulley? They are NLA. Once I am set up, I can run a few. They will be cnc turned within + or - .0002. Price unknown, around 40-50 dollars. Ryan Ohio

ka9bxg
Shaft is rather soft I know that my wonderboy 700 input shaft is worn bad so I cut a new keyway in it but did not go with the wooddrif key. they seem to last a long time so I will not bother making a new shaft new flange and it should last another 40 years. I would bet that the set screw came loose and that is what caused the keyway to go bad. Just my thought. Bob