Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tool Box Gone Wild--Change of direction

MPH

Seems the 35 year old Sears tools got to feeling a little restless last night. Took it out on my B-112.

Quite muffler anyone?

Results thus far, gotta roll it out the door for a bath before I touch anymore on it.

All washed and fit to work on. With 350 gal hot water tank off my woodstove hot water is pretty cheap this time of the year. Couple cans of foamy gunk helped out too.

Plan to install my hydro lift I bought about 3 years ago, replace the steering gear with ones outta a half B-10 that came with it, try and get all the slop outta the rest of the steering linkage, weld the steering posts back to the hub on the steering wheel, put the bearings under the front spindles for easier steering, drop a hardly been run 16hp I scored, let me see, think 2 years ago. Install whatefer else I've bought for gonna fix it parts over the past few years that hopefully I'll come across on the table they been collecting on. After it going I'll rebuild this engine for my 3314, hopefully my next project. Finished taking the last pieces off today, was gonna put the hydro lift in but ran outta steam. Had 3 pieces needed some welding on, got them painted back up today. Simply green sure cleans off grease film good.

Forgot to turn the flash off after taking pics of the water tank, sure turned the 112 orange. Werid.

Hey Marty, Looks like your enjoying that new floor in your shop! I like the idea of using the flex hose to exit the exhaust outside. Never seen tires like you have there on the front? Those must be good for steering with a blower on the front? What's the plans? Just cleaning it up and giving it a spit shine to get ready for that new blower? Best of luck...

Good work Marty. Couple of questions. 1. Is that the original 12hp? I notice it doesn't have the balancer gears on the PTO side of the block like my B-12 motor. 2. Did you convert the seat deck from the hinged kind, I notice it sits a little high in the back? Keep the pics coming. Chris

The briggs I took out is a '71 16 hp that came in it when I cut it outta the willow bushes half way too Fairbanks. The seat deck does sit a little high, when I first got this guy going, BST (before Simple Tractors) I had no clue the hitch uprights were from the parts B-10 but no way was that pan gonna fit, so I welded 2 ears on the top and back of them. Now I know they are suppose to be curved back.Wrks fine so will likely stay.

Great start Marty, I see you are protecting that new floor already! I wish my tools would get restless and spread a tractor all over my floor soon! Always enjoy the pics, keep em coming. Pat

You have a real great start there, between you and fastpaul you are making the rest of us look pretty bad. I see you're taking pains to protect that new floor. I quit worring about mine a long time ago. It has had everything from trans fluid to antifreeze spilled on it, even a little paint here and there. I like your flex hose for exhaust gas. Since I have gone to all the trouble to insulate my shop this winter, I just picked up a new crushproof system and door port for exhaust gasses. Got tired of proping the door open and still getting some into the shop.

Looks good Marty! I also noticed you have a good supply of handymans helpers, aka milk crates. No shop should be without them for storage,engine stands,tool carriers or portable stool.

Ditto, what comet66 (john) said,between you and fastpaul your gonna make us look like slackers. How about a picture of the 350 gallon water tank with the wood stove for a heater. It is looking good. JH

Marty, Your shop looks more comfy than my basement garage. I like the cantilevered work benches. Been thinking of doing that in my other garage. The B-112 is gonna be "neat" and powerful when you get done. Crank on,

Marty, Like others have said, great work. I don't know where you (and FastPaul) get all the energy/motivation in the dead of winter. I seem to go with the sunshine - mimimum sun, minimum energy; but look out in the summertime when I'm fully charged!

Here lately Bill it's the only time I'm home to do anything very involved. Besides, it's cold outside and warm in the shop, I can't seem too sleep more then 12-16 hours a day anymore, rigamortize starts setting in.

This is why I don't let my Sears tools in the same building as my tractors. Things seem to come apart when you're not paying attention!! Looks good Marty!

Looks great Marty! I like the exhaust ventilation idea you have there as well. Do you have a fan on the other end of the flexiable conduit?