Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Not one of the family

FastPaul

Yard shoping today and somthing caught my eye, I took a few quick pics ,wondering what year, Or would it even be worth doing up, I think I could get it cheap.I know I know it's not A/C or Simp.

I like these older Sears tractors. Solid construction. 67' Suburban 10, 10 HP Tec cast iron with bearings 3spd trans with HI-LO. Built by Roper which is now AYP. Looks to be all there so if you can get it cheap go for it. Even has wheel weights on it.

Looks old enough too be worth bringing home, esp if it's for cheap. I picked up a '71 MTD last spring that I plan on getting going. It's a pretty cool outfit and show even MTD once upon a time made real garden tractors.

I forgot you have no room for it, or your wifes car will be outside, so get it and some time next year I'll be up to pick it up from you.

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
So what's the other tractor in the background of the second picture?
I'm not sure, It was some plastic hooded thing, Mabey a { Bic lighter for a dollor fourtynine)

My boss had a custom 10 with blade and deck, he gave me the cab, but sold it for $400. If you buy it fix it up a bit and resell it. There are a lot of suburban fans ou there. Elon

It looks like a 67 or 68 Suburban 10. I have a 68 Suburban 12 I would love to sell right now. I am sick of working on it. Compared to AC Simplicity, the Sears are a nightmare to work on, especially with the tecumseh's.

I have several older Sears and they are good tractors. The mowers tend to gouge ground alot more than Simplicity decks. If you get it and it doesn't have fire new ignition parts might be unavailable. Tecumseh had a couple different solid state setups. If that is the case you can go to the sears.pammar.net site goatfarmer mentioned and download a description of how to replace the original ignition with newer automotive parts.

Quantico, acutally it is orange, "Pumkin Orange" specifially, just a little faded. I just noticed its a 67, it looks like it has points and condenser. But I would still be running away from that tractor as fast as I could!