Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3212V

rocko

Hello, just thought I shoot a couple of pics of the sovereign I picked up last Saturday. It's in pretty good shape considering it's age( I spruced her up a little for the photo shoot). The motor runs excellent, the bevel gearbox is tight and the trans works fine. I was told this tractor has not been used in many years. All I had to do was put some fresh gas in it, add a teaspoon of oil down the cylinder, put in a battery and it fired right up however I did have to adjust the carb a bit The tractor belonged to an elderly gentleman who purchased it new. He is now in a nursing home unfortunately. I have to say he took really good care of his equipment. It came with a hand lift sickle bar mower, a hardly used 32" tiller and an unused Simplicity double hinging dump cart. In addition I received every original owners manual for tractor and all attachments plus all his receipts(parts) and brochures including one for 1970 model tractors, all in nice condition.

Wow that looks mint.You realy scored!!! Your going to get tons of complements on that one!! I love stories like that when you get something off the ogiginal owner .

Tring to decided if you waxed it or if it's still wet from washing, the tires look wet. Either way, you found a gem in a world of normally rusty iron. Congradulations.

I've been dreaming about a find like yours for three years, rocko. Very, very nice. Those extras are awesome, also. The sickle bar, especially. And the garden carts are nice, really hard-to-imagine 'unused'. At the risk of making me ill, care to say how much it cost ya? Tacey

Very, very nice! Appears to be in excellent, original shape, with the exception of that one side of the grille frame. What do you think caused that wear pattern? The chain that's hanging there perhaps? Wonder what it was used for... There's still a few of these out there guys... so let's do our best to make sure they end up in the hands of those who'll appreciate them as they should be appreciated! :D

My guess is that chain was used to lock the sickle bar in the upright position. Too bad the guy didn't know about quick snap hooks for dog chains.

It shows what we could do with ours if we look after them. Herflooms for the grandchildren if we can train them to look after them too.

Hi, thank you all for the kind words. The tractor does have some nicks and scrapes that don't show up on the photos. I can't really tell what scraped the front of the frame, perhaps it was the support chain for the sickle mower. Before I took the pics I washed the road salt off it and waxed it. The wet tires are from taking her for a spin in the driveway. The dump cart I got with it was purchased new by his kids and he just stood it up in the garage and never used it. The tractor didn't come with a mower deck, he used a gang of reel mowers to mow the grass... those were sold already. It looks like he used a front attachment due to the marks on the font axle, maybe a snow blower or similar. I have found the varidrive engagement lever is worn and won't lock into position properly, I'll have to find a replacement for it. Also I need to find another headlight lamp... the left one is out.

The notches were gone on the varidrive lever on my B-112 when I got it. Doesn't change spped by itself at all so I never worried about it. Lever moves stiff but not hard.

Wow that tractor is in very good shape for its age.;);)^ All the tractors I have only a few are in that shape.;) Karl [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url]

Hi Wow! That is definately a beautiful tractor! That tractor is in really excellent shape considering it's age. I have seen a few 3212V's before in real life, but never in orignial condition such as that one. From the looks of it, it came from a good home. Take Care Jason B