Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Legacy Xl snow blade bracket

Bill F

I am waiting delivery of a new Legacy XL 4x4. I've ordered it with the loader, deck and 60" blade. My dealer now tells me that in order for me to disconnect the blade and use the loader I will need to detach the loader front bracket (4 bolts). I have a friend with a JD X585 4x4 with both the loader and blade. JD has a quick disconnect the easily remove the blade and pick up the loader. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions on this. It seems extremley inconvenient to have to remove a bracket to use the loader to move piles of snow. I was looking forward to taking delivery of this tractor but now I'm having second thoughts! Bill

You could put a blade on the loader instead of the bucket. Most of us aren't dealers so we're not that familiar w/ the new style tractors. Unfortunately. Other than the above, I can't give you much help on whitch brackets work with whitch attachments, however I'm extremely jelous of your new delivary.

im not familar with new tractors but i dont think you have to take off the whole bracket it should be bolts on the brackets you take off.if youu do just take your time and take it off.my dad got one and he says it seems like it only takes five minutes to mow his grass.but he has a tiller,snow plow,weights,chains,4wd,rear ag tires,garden plow,disk,cultivators,he just got it last spring he loves it and he use to like cubs now he wont be caught dead on one.its mine in the will along with $172,000 he's 84 and still working a big lawn mower.Once you see him first turn the key it like hi bad back, arthritist,and all his pain will go away and he is 35yrs old again and it realy a spirt lifting site.

As easy as that loader is to remove, I would think the blade would go on just as easily. The only one I can think of around here that would know is Al, he is a dealer. Keep an eye on this thred, he will be around pretty soon I imagine. And welcome aboard.

Bill, just curious, why would you get a blade ( I assume front mount) if you got a loader? I have seen an aftermarket blade thats mounts on the loader (just remove bucket). The one I saw uses the tilt hydraulics to angle the blade.

I took delivery on the Legacy today. It's a great machine. I passed on the blade for now and I'll be using just the loader. I can't wait for more snow, I just about cleared my yard today!!

Welcome to the club,and hope you enjoy your new toy.I have the brother to the Legacy XL ,the AGCO 2027 Diesel and love the loader and 5 ft mower .I have plowed a lot of snow in the last month with the loader and love it.I dont know why a person would need a blade,if they have the loader.

I have the turbo, I can't imagine anything working better, and no additional engine to maintain. The only disadvantage is that everything that goes through it has to come from the deck. No remote to do the flower beds etc..