Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hey, Merry Christmas

66Landlord101Guy

Hi, Its Ben, the then 13- now 15 yr old from DE, I know its been 2 years since I last posted, but just letting you know I still have my Sovereign and 6216, the Sovereign with the 36" Snowblower and 6216 with 42" plow ready for snow. I havent really been doing as much with them as I currently am bring a former 30-year storage 1958 Edsel Pacer 4 door hardtop back to factory condition that I will be driving next year to school. It has 52,800 original miles. I paid for it with my own money and bought it off the original owner. Merry Christmas Guys, sorry I've been away. Ben Scovil, Scovil's Yard Care 15, Dover, DE

Thank you, and Merry Christmas to you Ben! Sounds like you have a couple of great projects going there, keep us posted on your progress.

What engine do you have in the Edsel? the 361 or the 4 ??. Does it have any unusual options. Such as a sepearate hydraulic pump to run power equipment? The car was a failure, but it had many radical ideas?

My dad had a 1959 Edsel wagon witha 460 V8. Good to hear from you Ben, keep us posted on the Edsel. Post a picture if you get a chance. JH

Good luck with the Edsel Ben. Thier value has gone up in recent years and will probably go higher than than thier Ford cousins because of thier scarcity(about 63,000 built in 1958). I'm restoring a 1953 Ford. Mac's Antique Auto parts and Dennis Carpenter are a couple of good recources for parts.

Hi I would also like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! It is good to hear from you again Ben! Have you ever thought of becoming a full time member of this great site? Take Care and good luck with your Edsel. Jason B